Saffron (Iran Origin)
The most expensive spice in the world, our premium quality Iranian Saffron is hand-picked coming directly from the farm. This magical spice has the power to support overall health. The Saffron threads house a number of natural elements which have various uses such as an essential culinary ingredient or as the magical spice which has been used for centuries as a natural home remedy. Manganese is the principal ingredient. In addition, there’s potassium, Vitamin B6, iron, Vitamin C and magnesium present in it. The threads from the Crocus Sativus flower are known as Saffron. There’re 3 Saffron threads only for each individual flower! This is the reason why Saffron is one of the world’s rarest spices. In fact, it takes more than 80,000 blossoms or 240,000 hand-picked saffron stigmas (threads) to produce just a single pound of this valuable spice. Ancient Purity guarantees consistent top-quality batches in each gram!
It is not possible to use PayPal as payment for an order containing this product. Credit/Debit Card only.
Ancient Purity in Action - Saffron
Saffron Picked in Qaen, South Khorasan Province, Iran
The Sacred Spice of the Ancient World
The Deep Red Healing Herb
Experience the World’s most valuable Spice - Order Today
- Saffron - 100% Natural.
- Produced to ecological standards, free from agro-chemicals. Non-irradiated and GMO-free.
- Use in cooking or sprinkle on dishes.
With just a pinch tossed in and with no additional prep, dishes like risotto a la Milanese and bouillabaisse have enough liquid and simmering time to draw out Saffron's subtle flavours. The key is to add the Saffron early on, allowing it enough time to bloom in the cooking liquid. The recipe below I really wanted to share with you guys. This is one of my favourite kinds of chicken since it smells like an orange farm and it has an amazing flavour.
Orange Saffron Chicken
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 4 Chicken Breasts.
- 1 Onion (diced or mini sliced).
- 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil.
- A Pinch of Orange Grated Zest.
- A Pinch of Saffron.
- Salt & Pepper.
- 3 Diced Garlics.
- A pinch of Grounded Ginger.
- 2 cups Lemon Juice & a hint of Lemon Zest.
- 2 cups Water.
- Roast Diced/Sliced Onion with Olive Oil till it gets gold.
- Add the Chicken.
- Add salt & pepper and let the Chickens get a Golden Colour, like roasted a little bit.
- Add 2 cups of Water.
- Add Saffron, Orange Skin, Garlic, Ginger Powder
- Let the Chicken cook well.
- Add 2 cups of Lime Juice.
- Let the liquid evaporate…you can add a cup of water any time you feel that it needs more and let it cook more.
- You can serve it with Saffron Rice or Salad.
Ancient Purity Saffron is a potent spice rich in antioxidants. It has been connected to health benefits, such as libido, improved mood and sexual function, as well as decreased PMS symptoms and boosting weight-loss. Best of all, it's generally safe for most persons and easy adding to your diet.
Yellow Indian Saffron Rice
Saffron rice or Yellow Rice is a deeply aromatic and flavourful side dish that pairs well with nearly any curry or lentil dish. The taste is slightly earthy and spiced, but not spicy or overly bold. This North Indian style Saffron rice is very simple to make but is a delight for the senses to enjoy alongside your favourite vegetarian dishes.
• 3 tablespoons Ghee or oil.
• 1 teaspoon caraway seeds.
• 2 to 3 green cardamoms.
• 1 tej patta (Indian bay leaf.)
• 1.5 inches cinnamon.
• 2 to 3 cloves.
• 1 single strand of mace.
• 1.5 cups basmati rice.
• 2 to 3 generous pinches Ancient Purity Iranian Saffron (A pinch of the thumb and index finger.)
• 1 pinch turmeric – optional.
• 3 to 3.25 cups filtered water or as required.
• Ancient Purity Celtic Sea Salt as required
• 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves or mint leaves for garnish – optional.
Prep & Soaking the Rice
• Rinse the rice for 3 to 4 times in water or till the water runs clear of starch.
• Soak the rice for 20 to 30 minutes in filtered water.
• Drain the water and keep the rice aside.
• Gather all the ingredients, measure and set them aside.
• Crush Ancient Purity Iranian Saffron strands with your fingers or in a mortar & pestle.
• Set aside.
Preparing Saffron Rice
• Heat oil or Ghee in a deep pan or pot. Lower the heat. Add all the whole spices – caraway seeds, green cardamoms, cinnamon, cloves, tej patta and mace strand.
• Fry for some seconds until the spices crackle taking care they do not burn.
• Then add the soaked rice.
• Mix and stir gently for 1 to 2 minutes so that the fat coats the rice grains.
• Add the crushed Saffron strands to the rice.
• Add turmeric powder now if you plan to add it. Mix gently.
• Pour filtered water and season with Ancient Purity Sea Salt according to taste. Taste the water and it should be slightly salty.
• Cover the pan tightly and let the rice cook till the grains become separately cooked and absorb all the water.
Vegan Paella (Saffron)
• 6 cups vegetable stock.
• 2 cups French white wine.
• 450 grams Spanish Rice may be called Yellow Rice or Saffron Rice
• Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
• Ancient Purity Celtic Sea Salt.
• Black pepper.
• 1 red bell pepper seeded and chopped.
• 1 yellow onion peeled and chopped.
• 200 grams shiitake mushrooms washed and chopped.
• 400 grams artichoke hearts canned, quartered.
• ¼ cup piquillo peppers chopped.
• 2 cloves garlic peeled and minced.
• 2 tablespoons capers.
• 1 pinch Ancient Purity Saffron threads.
• ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper.
• 1 teaspoon smoked paprika.
• 1 lime cut into wedges.
• Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
• In a large stock pot, combine 4 cups of vegetable stock and 2 cups of white wine.
• Bring to a boil, and add rice. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
• In a paella pan (or deep oven-safe frying pan), heat a drizzle of Organic Biodynamic Extra Virgin Olive Oil over medium heat.
• Add bell peppers and onions, and cook for 5 minutes.
• Add shiitake mushrooms, and cook for 3 more minutes.
• Add artichoke hearts, piquillo peppers, garlic, capers, Ancient Purity Saffron, paprika, and cayenne pepper.
• Stir and cook for 2 more minutes.
• Add rice into paella pan. Season with Celtic Sea Salt and pepper to taste, and stir to combine.
• Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Check on the paella every 10 minutes, adding a bit of the remaining vegetable stock each time so that the paella stays juicy.
• Remove from oven. Serve with lime wedges.
- Brand: Ancient Purity.
- Size: 2g (0.07 oz.).
- Container: Miron Dark Violet Glass.
- Estimated shelf life from purchase: 2 years.
- Storage: Keep in a cool dark place.
The products and the claims made about specific products, articles and claims made in the articles and information written on or through this site have not been evaluated by Ancient Purity, the MHRA, the FSA or the United States FDA and are not approved to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. The information provided on this site is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging. You should not use the information on this site for diagnosis or treatment of any health problem or for prescription of any medication or other treatment. You should consult with a healthcare professional before starting any diet, exercise or supplementation program, before taking any medication, or if you have or suspect you might have a health problem. Providing a product for sale does not imply Ancient Purity recommendation of that product, its suitability or its efficacy. Ancient Purity cannot give medical opinions. No comment or entry in this site or in any communication from Ancient Purity may be taken as such.
Prices and promotions are subject to change without notice. Customers should always carefully check all the details printed on the package before opening the product. Whilst all efforts are made to ensure accuracy of description, specifications and pricing there may be occasions where errors arise. Should such a situation occur the company cannot accept your order. In the event of a mistake you will be contacted with a full explanation and a corrected offer. The information displayed is considered as an invitation to treat not as a confirmed offer for sale. The contract is confirmed upon supply of goods, Prices and promotions are subject to change without notice.
Please read the Terms and Conditions of using this site, by using the site you are accepting the terms and conditions.
All Material on this site © 2014 Ancient Purity Ltd Registered in England & Wales 07801142 VAT Reg 168 335 488