Bergamot Orange Powder
Grown in Italy, the Bergamot Orange is a highly vibrant citrus fruit that is dried naturally and ground into powder. You can now use this Super-Fruit in your daily smoothie. This stuff is delicious and nutritious! So, try a scoop of this magic powder from Italian grown Bergamot Oranges and zing. Much research has been conducted on Bergamot’s effect on Cholesterol and it is definitely worth looking into. Due to their high content of polyphenols, Ancient Purity Bergamot Orange Powder might support a healthy heart, help to slow bone loss, and aid with blood glucose issues, and other degenerative health conditions. Common throughout the Mediterranean, the fruit is the size of an orange, yet similar in colour to a lime, or even yellowish, depending on the ripeness. Like other citrus fruits, Bergamot Orange has a distinctive, heady fragrance and flavour.
Ancient Purity Presents Bergamot Orange Powder
From Organically Grown Bergamot Oranges
From Bergamot Oranges Sourced from the Italian Countryside
Experience the Fresh, Citrus Super Fruit - Order Today
- Bergamot Orange Ground Powder 100% Natural.
- Produced to ecological standards, free from agro-chemicals, non-irradiated and GMO-free.
- Bergamot is a citrus fruit which grows primarily in the southern part of Italy. Supplementing with Ancient Purity Bergamot Orange Powder may help reduce inflammatory conditions, lower blood glucose, and aid preventing cardiovascular issues. Citrus fruits such as Bergamot Orange are rich in flavonoids, furocoumarin and other polyphenols, which support heart health and immune response.
- Add 1-2g to a smoothie or filtered water daily, as always, breaks between lengthy uses are recommended or use it as directed by your healthcare practitioner. Do not exceed the recommended daily intake.
- For maximum benefits, take Bergamot Orange Powder twice a day for 60–90 days, re-evaluate your lipid levels, and adjust your dose accordingly.
- Ancient Purity Bergamot Orange Powder is safe and well-tolerated.
Grown mainly in the southern part of Italy, Calabria, Bergamot is an extraordinary health-boosting citrus used both in cosmetics and cooking. The fruit first resembles a big green lime, when ripe they get a yellow colour. Bergamot Orange offers a potent and sweet uplifting scent. The fruit is since the 15th Century known in the West. The fruit’s zest powder has a fruity, bitter and slightly acidic flavour. Creative culinary enthusiasts will find it very pleasant to cook with. Like most citrus fruits, Bergamot Orange Powder is jam-packed with vitamin C and other nutritional goodness that aids strengthen our immune systems. It also provides relaxing and anti-spasmodic effects. Bergamot Orange Powder is preferably used as a last flavourful touch or at the last stage of cooking.
Bergamot Bellissimo Cookies
• 1 Egg.
• 1 Egg Yolk.
• 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder.
• ½ tablespoon Ancient Purity Bergamot Orange Powder.
• 7 teaspoons Ancient Purity Kakadu Plum Syrup.
• 255 Grams of Coconut Flour.
• 110 Grams of Softened Butter.
• 3 drops Ancient Purity Bergamot Orange Oil.
• Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
• Beat the butter, Kakadu Plum Syrup and Bergamot Orange Powder until light and creamy. Add the egg and egg yolk and mix well. Stir in the Bergamot Oil, flour and baking powder and mix until smooth. Drop by the tablespoonful onto the prepared baking sheet about 4 cm apart. Bake for 15-17 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
• Once the Bergamot Bellissimo cookies are cooled down, you could place them in the amazing Energy Bowl. By doing so you give gratitude and energy to the food you consume by storing them in a quality glass bowl that is designed around energy.
Bergamot Orange Ice Cream
• 2 Spoons Ancient Purity Bergamot Orange Powder.
• 120 grams Stevia leaf powder.
• 2 cups & 2 tablespoons plant milk.
• 25 grams tapioca starch.
• 500 grams heavy cream.
• 20 grams (optional) skimmed milk powder.
• A pinch of Ancient Purity Celtic Sea Salt.
• Put Ancient Purity Bergamot Orange Powder along with the stevia leaf powder in a large bowl and mix it.
• Cover and leave at room temperature for 3 to 24 hours. The more you leave it, the more intense the Bergamot flavour will be. In a medium 2 litre (2 quart) saucepan with a long handle, gently warm the milk over medium heat, until slightly warm. Do not let it boil, or it will curdle.
• Pour the warm (plant) milk over the sweetener and Bergamot Orange Powder and stir well. Return everything to the saucepan, over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the stevia leaf powder is fully dissolved.
• Meanwhile, put the tapioca starch in the bowl and pour over 2 to 3 tablespoons of the heavy cream, mixing well to create slurry.
• Put a mesh strainer over the top.
• Increase the heat to medium-high and bring the (plant) milk to a boil.
• As soon as it starts to boil, pour it over the strainer and into the tapioca starch slurry.
• Remove the strainer and stir the mixture for a minute, to thicken. • Add the rest of the heavy cream and cool it.
• Leave the Bergamot Orange ice cream mixture to come to room temperature, around 1 hour, stirring often. When it is tepid, you have to thoroughly cool it before churning. To do so, you can choose between: the slow method: refrigeration for 12 hour or the fast method: cover with ice for 3 hours.
• Pass the ice cream mixture through a fine mesh sieve and into a sealable container.
• Refrigerate for 12 hours and up to 3 days.
Churn the ice cream
Prepare the ice cream machine according to the manufacturer’s instructions. With the machine running, pour the chilled Bergamot ice cream mixture through the canister and into the ice cream machine. Churn until the bergamot ice cream is fluffed up and creamy. Depending on your ice cream maker, this may take up to 40-50 minutes. Remove the bowl from the ice cream maker and put it directly in the freezer. Leave for 4-5 hours for the Bergamot Ice Cream to set. After that, you can serve it; or transfer to a sealable container for long term storing.
Bergamot Orange Olive Oil Cake
This Bergamot Orange Olive Oil Cake is citrusy, moist, and made with olive oil instead of butter. It will also remind you of Earl Grey tea because bergamot is what gives Earl Grey tea its distinctive flavour. The cake is topped with a creamy whipped mascarpone which adds a nice balance to the entire cake.
• 250 grams granulated sugar.
• 1 tablespoon Ancient Purity Bergamot Orange Powder.
• 250 grams almond flour.
• 1 teaspoon Ancient Purity Celtic Sea Salt.
• ½ teaspoon baking powder.
• ½ teaspoon Ancient Purity Baking Soda.
• 1 cup Extra Virgin Biodynamic Olive Oil (Available @Ancient Purity).
• 3 large eggs.
• 300ml whole milk.
• ¼ cup bergamot orange juice.
Ingredients - Bergamot Orange Glaze
• 2 teaspoons Kakadu Plum Powder.
• 2 tablespoons orange bergamot orange juice.
• 1 tablespoon unsalted butter.
Ingredients - Whipped Mascarpone
• 8 ounces (227 grams) mascarpone, cold
• 1 cup (254 grams) heavy whipping cream, cold
• 3 tablespoons Longan Honey (Available @Ancient Purity)
Preparation for the Cake
• Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Put butter and flour in a 9-inch spring form pan. For this recipe you will need the juice from two bergamot oranges.
• Place the sugar in a large bowl. Sprinkle the Bergamot Orange Powder onto the sugar and use your fingers to rub the fruit powder into the sugar. Add the flour, Celtic Sea Salt, baking powder, and Ancient Purity Baking Soda and whisk for 30 seconds to thoroughly combine the ingredients.
• Place the eggs in a large bowl and whisk. Add the olive oil, the milk and the orange juice and whisk the ingredients until they are well combined. Add the dry ingredients and whisk together until no bits of flour remain, but do not over-mix or you will end up with a tough cake.
• Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Use an offset spatula to smooth the top. Bake the cake for 45-50 minutes until a cake skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean, with just a couple of crumbs clinging to it.
• Ten minutes before the cake is done combine the bergamot orange juice, the sugar and the butter in small saucepan and place over medium heat. Heat the mixture until the butter is melted the sugar is dissolved. Do not boil the mixture.
• Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool the cake in the pan for 10 minutes. Run a spatula around the edges of the cake to loosen it from the sides of the pan and remove the ring from the cake. Brush the cake with Ancient Purity Bush Apple Syrup and allow it to completely cool before frosting.
• At this point, you can enjoy the cake unfrosted. If making the cake in advance it can be stored at room temperature wrapped in plastic wrap for two days.
Preparation for the Whipped Mascarpone
• Place the mascarpone in the bowl of stand mixer. With the whip attachment beat the mascarpone.
• Add the heavy cream in a steady stream down the side of the bowl. After adding all the cream, continue to beat the mixture until soft peaks form. Add the Longan Fruit Honey and beat on medium low speed until it is thoroughly combined.
• If making the whipped mascarpone in advance refrigerate it until ready to frost the cake.
• After the cake is frosted, serve immediately. Refrigerate any uneaten cake.
- Brand: Ancient Purity.
- Size: 250/500g (8.81-17.64 oz.).
- Origin: Italy.
- Package: Heat-sealed, foil-lined, kraft paper pouch.
- Storage: Keep in sealed. Store in a cool dry place, out of sunlight. Must be kept dry, not allowing moisture in.
- Estimated shelf life from purchase: 1-2 years.
Q: Is this Bergamot Orange Powder made from the whole fruit or just the peel?
A: It's made from the whole fruit, including the peel.
Q: I never heard of this fruit. Can you tell me something about its origins?
A: It is from a spiny tree called the Citrus Bergamia, that originated in the tropical climes of South East Asia and is now grown commercially in the province of Calabria in Southern Italy. (80% of the world's bergamot comes from Calabria!) Genetic research into the ancestral origins of extant citrus cultivars found Bergamot Orange to be a probable hybrid of lemon and bitter orange.
Q: When is the harvest season for Bergamot?
A: The bergamot season runs from November to January.
Q: Does Bergamot Orange help to lower my blood pressure?
A: Bergamot's lipid-lowering power was “associated with significant reductions of biomarkers used for detecting oxidative vascular damage, suggesting a multi-action enhanced potential for BPF in patients on statin therapy.
Q: What is this fruit powder's main health benefit?
A: Several studies have shown that Bergamot Orange may help to reduce overall cholesterol and “bad” LDL cholesterol. It may also help to increase “good” HDL cholesterol and has the potential to be an effective supplement to cholesterol drugs.
Q: What is the best way to take Bergamot Orange?
A: The suggested dose of bergamot is 500–1,000 mg of a standardised extract, taken once or twice a day 20–30 minutes before meals. For maximum benefits, take Bergamot Orange Powder twice a day for 60–90 days, reevaluate your lipid levels, and adjust your dose accordingly.
The products and the claims made about specific products, articles and claims made in the articles and information written on or through this site have not been evaluated by Ancient Purity, the MHRA, the FSA or the United States FDA and are not approved to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. The information provided on this site is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging. You should not use the information on this site for diagnosis or treatment of any health problem or for prescription of any medication or other treatment. You should consult with a healthcare professional before starting any diet, exercise or supplementation program, before taking any medication, or if you have or suspect you might have a health problem. Providing a product for sale does not imply Ancient Purity recommendation of that product, its suitability or its efficacy. Ancient Purity cannot give medical opinions. No comment or entry in this site or in any communication from Ancient Purity may be taken as such.
Prices and promotions are subject to change without notice. Customers should always carefully check all the details printed on the package before opening the product. Whilst all efforts are made to ensure accuracy of description, specifications and pricing there may be occasions where errors arise. Should such a situation occur the company cannot accept your order. In the event of a mistake you will be contacted with a full explanation and a corrected offer. The information displayed is considered as an invitation to treat not as a confirmed offer for sale. The contract is confirmed upon supply of goods, Prices and promotions are subject to change without notice.
Please read the Terms and Conditions of using this site, by using the site you are accepting the terms and conditions.
All Material on this site © 2014 Ancient Purity Ltd Registered in England & Wales 07801142 VAT Reg 168 335 488