Pumpkin Seeds (Styrian)
Here they are! The best organic Pumpkin Seeds from Styria (The 2nd largest state of Austria). They're a delicious source of minerals, including iron, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, niacin and zinc. These Styrian Pumpkin Seeds are rich in plant-based protein and abundant in antioxidants, numerous forms of vitamin E, as well as many phenolic acids. Antioxidant phytonutrients like lignans are also found in our Pumpkin Seeds, including the lignans pinoresinol, medioresinol and lariciresinol. Animal studies suggest that Pumpkin Seeds may help improve insulin regulation and help prevent diabetic complications by decreasing oxidative stress. Pumpkin Seeds are rich in healthy fats, antioxidants, and fibres, may provide benefits for heart and liver health, particularly when mixed with flax seeds. The Styrian Pumpkin (Cucurbita pepo), AKA the Naked-Seeded Pumpkin, itself is not used as a food item. It was- if at all - considered suitable for animals only. The vegetable part of its fruit was never a favoured over pumpkin varieties that produce more and better fruit pulp than the Styrian Pumpkin. However, the seeds of the pumpkins have been used for ages as"snack-food" especially in the Mediterranean.
Ancient Purity Presents Pumpkin Seeds (Styrian)
Styrian Pumpkin Seeds are a Superfood
A Natural Snack to Fuel Your Day
Amino acids, Steroidal compounds, and Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty Acids
Experience the Austrian Superfood Snack - Order Today
- Pumpkin Seeds - 100% Natural.
- Produced to ecological standards, free from agro-chemicals, non-irradiated and GMO-free.
- Organic at source = Our supplier has certified them organic, but Ancient Purity does not register its products as organic. We add nothing and take nothing out.
- (1oz ) About a handful of Pumpkin Seeds gives you almost 8.5 grams of protein. That’s 15% of the daily requirement for men and 18% for women. The same-size serving is low in carbs, providing just 4 grams, almost half of which come from fiber, a nutrient that supports healthy digestion and helps you feel full longer. Although 1 ounce of seeds has almost 14 grams of fat, all but 2.5 grams are heart-healthy mono- and polyunsaturated fats. Watch your portion size, though, because a 1oz serving also contains 163 calories.
- The 1oz serving of pumpkin seeds provides more than 2 milligrams of zinc, which is between 18 and 22% of an adult’s daily needs. In addition, these seeds supply niacin, or vitamin B3, which aids in circulation. A 1oz serving provides 8 and 9% of the daily requirement for this vitamin for men and women, respectively.
- Brand: Ancient Purity.
- Size: 450g (15.87 oz.).
- Origin: Austria.
- Container: Kraft Paper Pouch.
- Storage: Store in a cool dry place out of reach of children.
- Estimated shelf life from purchase: 2 years.
Pumpkin Seeds Lowdown
Ancient Purity Austrian Pumpkin Seeds may be tiny, but they are densely packed with useful nutrients and nutraceuticals such as amino acids, phytosterols, unsaturated fatty acids, phenolic compounds, tocopherols, cucurbitacins and valuable minerals. All these bioactive compounds are important to a healthy life and well-being. In recent years, seeds and nuts have received growing attention due to high nutraceutical and therapeutic value of their bioactive components.
Potent Pumpkin Seeds Smoothie
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds.
- 1 banana.
- 1 cup almond milk (or any other plant milk of your choice).
- 1 teaspoon honey or Ancient Purity Apple Bush Syrup.
- 0.5 teaspoon cinnamon.
- 0.5 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- In a blender, blend the dried pumpkin seeds with the almond milk
- Add in the banana, honey/maple syrup, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
TIP: You can also add in some ice cubes for a colder smoothie, or substitute the banana with pumpkin puree for a stronger pumpkin flavour.
Q: What happens if would consume Pumpkin Seeds daily?
A: They are heart healthy. There has been good evidence that eating pumpkin seeds as part of a balanced diet, because of their ALA content, may well be beneficial for the heart and help the prevention of cardiovascular disease. A 2011 study also found that Pumpkin Seed Oil (Available @AncientPurity) helped improve cholesterol levels in postmenopausal women.
Q: What makes a pumpkin grow?
A: They need warm weather and warm soil to grow and produce well. In most cases, it takes 90 to 100 days from planting seeds until the squash are ripe. Cold-climate gardeners may want to get an early start by planting seeds indoors about three weeks before the last spring frost.
The products and the claims made about specific products, articles and claims made in the articles and information written on or through this site have not been evaluated by Ancient Purity, the MHRA, the FSA or the United States FDA and are not approved to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. The information provided on this site is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging. You should not use the information on this site for diagnosis or treatment of any health problem or for prescription of any medication or other treatment. You should consult with a healthcare professional before starting any diet, exercise or supplementation program, before taking any medication, or if you have or suspect you might have a health problem. Providing a product for sale does not imply Ancient Purity recommendation of that product, its suitability or its efficacy. Ancient Purity cannot give medical opinions. No comment or entry in this site or in any communication from Ancient Purity may be taken as such.
Prices and promotions are subject to change without notice. Customers should always carefully check all the details printed on the package before opening the product. Whilst all efforts are made to ensure accuracy of description, specifications and pricing there may be occasions where errors arise. Should such a situation occur the company cannot accept your order. In the event of a mistake you will be contacted with a full explanation and a corrected offer. The information displayed is considered as an invitation to treat not as a confirmed offer for sale. The contract is confirmed upon supply of goods, Prices and promotions are subject to change without notice.
Please read the Terms and Conditions of using this site, by using the site you are accepting the terms and conditions.
All Material on this site © 2023 Ancient Purity Ltd Registered in England & Wales 07801142 VAT Reg 168 335 488