- Subcharoen, P, and Chthaputti, A, Thai Traditional Medicine Kingdom of Thailand
- Anusarnsoondhorn, Luang (1931-05-15). Tumrayahuakaokrua. Upasipong printing.
- Pueraria, drugs.com
- Pope GS; Grundy HM; Jone HEH; Tait SAS (1958). "The estrogenic substance miroestrol from the tuberous roots of P. mirifica". J Endocrinol. 17: 15–16.
- Chansakaow S; Ishikawa T; Seki H; Sekine K; Okada M; Chaichantipyuth C (2000). "Identification of deoxymiroestrol as the actual rejuvenating principle of "Kwao Keur", Pueraria Mirifica. The known miroestrol may be an artifact". J Nat Prod. 63 (2): 173–175. doi:10.1021/np990547v. PMID 10691701.
- Sugiyama H, Kumamoto T, Suganami A, Nakanishi W, Sowa Y, Takiguchi M, et al. Insight into estrogenicity of phytoestrogens using in silico simulation.
- McCabe LD, et al. Antiresorptive effects of phytoestrogen supplements compared with Estradiol or Risedronate in postmenopausal women using (41)Ca methodology.
- Wattanapitayakul SK, Chularojmontri L, Srichirat S. Effects of Pueraria mirifica on vascular function of ovariectomized rabbits.
- Penetar DM, Teter CJ, Ma Z, Tracy M, Lee DY-, Lukas SE. Pharmacokinetic profile of the isoflavone puerarin after acute and repeated administration of a novel kudzu extract to human volunteers.
- Tang X, Zhu X, Liu S, Nicholson RC, Ni X. Phytoestrogens induce differential estrogen receptor beta-mediated responses in transfected MG-63 cells.
- Lamlertkittikul S, Chandeying V. Efficacy and safety of Pueraria mirifica (Kwao Kruea Khao) for the treatment of vasomotor symptoms in perimenopausal women : Phase II study.
- Trisomboon H, Malaivijitnond S, Watanabe G, Cherdshewasart W, Taya K. The estrogenic effect of Pueraria mirifica on gonadotrophin levels in aged monkeys.
- Trisomboon H, Malaivijitnond S, Suzuki J, Hamada Y, Watanabe G, Taya K. Long-term treatment effects of Pueraria mirifica phytoestrogens on parathyroid hormone and calcium levels in aged menopausal cynomolgus monkeys.
- Wang J, Guo Y, Niu J, Liu J, Wang L, Li P. Effects of Radix Puerariae flavones on liver lipid metabolism in ovariectomized rats.
- Cherdshewasart W, Subtang S, Dahlan W. Major isoflavonoid contents of the phytoestrogen rich-herb Pueraria mirifica in comparison with Pueraria lobata.
- Woo J, Lau E, Ho SC, Cheng F, Chan C, Chan ASY, et al. Comparison of Pueraria lobata with hormone replacement therapy in treating the adverse health consequences of menopause.
- Rossouw JE, Anderson GL, Prentice RL, LaCroix AZ, Kooperberg C, Stefanick ML, et al. Risks and benefits of estrogen plus progestin in healthy postmenopausal women - Principal results from the Women’s Health Initiative randomized controlled trial.
- Manonai J, Seif C, Boehler G, Juenemann KP. The effect of Pueraria mirifica on cytologic and urodynamic findings in ovariectomized rats.
- Manonai J, Chittacharoen A, Theppisai U, Theppisai H. Effect of Pueraria mirifica on vaginal health.
- Polotsky HN, Polotsky AJ. Metabolic Implications of Menopause.
- Agrinier N, Cournot M, Ferrieres J. Dyslipidemia in women after 50: Age, menopause or both?
- Ren J, Kelley RO. Cardiac Health in Women With Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical Aspects and Pathophysiology.
- Carlson S, Peng N, Prasain JK, Wyss JM. Effects of botanical dietary supplements on cardiovascular, cognitive, and metabolic function in males and females.
- Okamura S, Sawada Y, Satoh T, Sakamoto H, Saito Y, Sumino H, et al. Pueraria Mirifica Phytoestrogens improve Dyslipidemia in Postmenopausal Women Probably by Activating Estrogen Receptor Subtypes.
- Manonai J, Chittacharoen A, Udomsubpayakul U, Theppisai H, Theppisai U. Effects and safety of Pueraria mirifica on lipid profiles and biochemical markers of bone turnover rates in healthy postmenopausal women.
- Chandeying V, Lamlertkittikul S. Challenges in the conduct of Thai herbal scientific study: Efficacy and safety of phytoestrogen, pueraria mirifica (Kwao Keur Kao), phase I, in the alleviation of climacteric symptoms in perimenopausal women.
- Chandeying V, Sangthawan M. Efficacy comparison of Pueraria mirifica (PM) against conjugated equine estrogen (CEE) with/without medroxyprogesterone acetate (MPA) in the treatment of climacteric symptoms in perimenopausal women: Phase III study.
Pueraria Mirifica has been used historically throughout Thailand for centuries as for its hormone balance, anti-ageing and rejuvenating properties. It really is one of the major secrets of the youthful look and experience of the women in the North of Thailand and Burma. Now it is becoming very popular with women worldwide for its natural breast-enlarging ability. There are many women claiming that the volume of their breasts increased significantly within 45-60 days of taking 2 Pueraria Mirifica Capsules daily.
This Supernatural herbs powerful Phytoestrogens are found in the leaves, stems, and roots. It is the roots content which is richest, Pueraria Mirifica's roots contain Phytoestrogens, these are plant compounds that mimic the female hormone oestrogen. So far 17 Phytoestrogens were discovered in Pueraria Mirifica, these can be categorised into Isoflavonoids, Coumestans, and Chromenes. The most common Phytoestrogen in Pueraria Mirifica is Miroestrol. An accurate measure of Phytoestrogen content of Pueraria Mirifica is difficult because the levels depend on its location and variety. Phytoestrogen content can also vary depending on the plants age. The older Pueraria Mirifica plants have more consistent and substantial phytoestrogen content. A study determined that Pueraria Mirifica plants that were over 3 years old were best for use as supplements.
At Ancient Purity we have checked this and trust our source we also make sure the plants are harvested in the summer months as they show a much higher phytoestrogen content than those processed in the rainy and winter seasons. Due to its numerous benefits Pueraria Mirifica is considered a safe alternative to improve bone density, genitourinary epithelium, blood lipids, inflammatory markers, and general menopausal symptoms. Pueraria Mirifica may be considered an effective alternative to pharmaceutical hormone replacement therapy. Furthermore, research is suggesting the safe application of Pueraria Mirifica in cases of hormonal excess, hormone-dependent cancers and genetic over-expression of oestrogen receptors lending the plant wide utility in the general population.
- Natural Hormone Balance.
- Helps ease discomforts of menopause.
- Natural Breast Enlargement.
- Smoother skin.
- Firm saggy breasts
- Rejuvenating properties.
- Weight Balance.
- Bone Support.
Pueraria Mirifica For Women
Although research into the use of Pueraria mirifica is fairly limited, several smaller studies have found that the herb is beneficial in treating common menopausal symptoms. A 24-week study published in Menopause In 2007 regading vaginal health you will find further down the page. The findings supported an earlier study in the Journal of the Medical Association of Thailand in which Pueraria mirifica improved vasomotor symptoms (such as hot flashes and night sweats) in 37 women experiencing menopause. After 24 weeks, women provided a daily 50-mg dose of Pueraria mirifica experienced the same level of relief as those given 100 mg per day. Pueraria Mirifica has been shown to alleviate vasomotor and other menopausal symptoms. The herb reduces FSH and LH levels in menopausal monkeys suggesting that an oestrogen-like effect exerts negative feedback to pituitary gonadotrophin release. FSH and LH levels returned to pretreatment levels upon cessation of the Pueraria supplementation.
Pueraria Mirifica has also been found to decrease serum parathyroid hormone and calcium levels in aged monkeys suggesting reduced bone loss. Flavones from Pueraria roots were found to prevent uterine atrophy and prevent increases in total cholesterol and triglycerides that typically follow rapid declines in system-wide oestrogen levels. This study also showed that Pueraria Mirifica limits the increase in abdominal fat stores that occur in ovariectomised menopause animal models. A human clinical study demonstrated that Pueraria lobata, a close but less potent relative of Pueraria Mirifica, improves cognitive parameters and attention span compared to placebo. Mirifica has also been shown to increase sex drive. It can also increase vaginal moisture.
Find Balance... Naturally
Studied and Researched
Another study done in Thailand where a group of women were given a Pueraria Mirifica supplement for one month. At the end of the study, the subjects noticed a significant decrease in night sweats and hot flashes. In fact, many of the women started to notice an improvement within one week. Pueraria Mirifica contains a compound called miroestrol. Researchers believe that this is the active constituent for alleviating menopausal symptoms.
A clinical pilot study found that Pueraria Mirifica at either 50 - 100mg daily for six months reduced perimenopausal symptoms of hot flashes and night sweats. Serum estradiol increased slightly with no detectable changes in FSH or LH levels. A larger follow up clinical trial compared the effects of Pueraria Mirifica to conjugated equine oestrogen, with and without medroxyprogesterone. There were no significant differences between treatment groups with respect to climacteric symptoms, and all participants reported some relief of vasomotor, urogenital, and psychological symptoms. There were no significant differences in FSH, LH, or serum estradiol levels between the groups, indicating that Pueraria Mirifica was as effective as conventional pharmaceutical therapy.
Ease into Health & Longevity with Pueraria Mirifica
Women who are looking for an alternative to breast augmentation often turn to Pueraria Mirifica. One study has suggested that 70% of women who use Pueraria Mirifica notice an increase in their breast size. Not only does it increase breast size, but it can also reduce the appearance of stretch marks.
Many sellers of Pueraria Mirifica claim taking the capsules will add 1 to 3 cup sizes to your breasts and will make them fuller and firmer by stimulating the development of the mammary tissues and glandular tissues. Women in Thailand have been using the herb for decades to add firmness and fullness to their breasts.
Peuraria Mirifica has been featured on UK television and had articles in mainstream newspapers, both showing how Mirifica has actually worked for over 90% of women used it. Typically Pueraria Mirifica gave women gains after just two months. Further tests have given great news in that Peuraria Mirifica doesn't have to be taken repeatedly. After around two or three months, changes can be permanent. Remember this does is specifically for breast growth, Ancient Purity recommends continued use under the cycling regime for the other benefits.
- "Within a few days of using Pueraria Mirifica, my skin was noticeable smoother and glowing, breasts uplifted and firmer. I give this product a thumbs up".
- "I am very happy with the results from taking this product. fewer hot flashes and even seeing a little growth in my breasts, or at least seems like it. i would recommend them to my friends for sure".
- "I've been talking this for the past 3 years and can't praise it enough. One year through my menopause, I've hardly experienced hot flashes, it has kept my breasts rather nice and full. My hair, nail and skin are in a much better condition now not to mention my libido! I call this product, youth elixir".
An Ancient Health Secret (Covering Burma & North Thailand)
A 24-week study published in Menopause In 2007 investigated the use of Pueraria Mirifica in doses range from 10 - 50mg and concluded that it was far more effective in reducing vaginal atrophy (wasting) and alleviating vaginal dryness and dyspareunia (pain during intercourse) than a placebo.
More recently, a 2017 study published in Menopause reported that a vaginal gel containing Pueraria mirifica was nearly as effective as conjugated estrogen cream in preventing vaginal atrophy. Although the following information talks about topical use of Pueraria Mirifica, we still want you to know about its overall abilities. It may be an effective topical therapy for promoting the health of vaginal tissue and treating vaginal dryness. Also you are able to get creative with these Pueraria Mirifica capsules and add them to a natural gel and apply yourself. The decreased production of oestrogen and progesterone can affect the thin layer of moisture that coats the vaginal walls.
A 28-day study in postmenopausal monkeys evaluated the effectiveness of a gel containing 1% Kwao Krua on vaginal tissue. The topically applied gel significantly improved the tissue’s health, pH, and skin tone. Similarly, a recent 12-week study in 71 postmenopausal women with various uncomfortable vaginal symptoms evaluated the efficacy of a Kwao Krua cream compared to a standard oestrogen cream.
The Kwao Krua cream significantly improved symptoms of vaginal irritation and dryness. Nonetheless, the study concluded that the oestrogen cream was more effective overall. Though these results are promising, more research is needed to understand how the plant may be used to support vaginal health and whether its benefits are better than other conventional treatments.
Good Health Naturally with Pueraria Mirifica
The Heart of Natural Health
Pueraria Mirifica may also benefit your heart health especially since heart health may be affected by decreased estrogen levels during and after menopause. Oestrogen is involved in the metabolism of fats and sugars within your body. Reduced oestrogen levels can negatively influence factors that affect your heart health, such as higher cholesterol, increased inflammation, and weight gain. One 90-day study in rabbits with low estrogen production on the effect of Pueraria mirifica on artery function found that the supplement significantly improved blood vessel function, compared to the control group.
The plant may also improve heart health due to its potential effects on cholesterol levels. HDL or “good” cholesterol plays a role in keeping your arteries free from plaque. Thus, higher levels of this type of cholesterol promote heart health. Conversely, having higher levels of “bad” LDL cholesterol is associated with a greater risk of heart disease. Therefore, lower levels of this compound are favourable. A 2-month study in 19 postmenopausal women concluded that taking Pueraria Mirifica supplements increased HDL cholesterol by 34% and reduced LDL cholesterol by 17%. These studies point to a possible heart-protective effect of Pueraria Mirifica in certain populations. At this point, larger human studies are needed to draw conclusions regarding the specific role the plant supplement may play in preventing heart disease.
You'll Love Pueraria Mirifica
Are you ready for Pueraria Mirifica...
Pueraria Mirifica is known to have powerful anti-ageing benefits... As the body ages, hormone levels begin to slow or stop altogether, which can cause various issues in some individuals, including fatigue, thinning hair, decreased libido, wrinkles, and more. However, Pueraria Mirifica’s Phytohormone content, which mimics the effects of our body’s own hormones, can help restore hormone balance to the body and alleviate many symptoms associated with aging.
These Phytohormones known as Phytoestrogens adhere to the hormone receptors similar to how the body’s own hormones work. When the herb is consumed, its Phytoestrogens increase blood circulation and bind hormone receptors in various organs, which help restore hormone balance in the body.
Pueraria Mirifica is a great choice for people who want to naturally fight aging. This supplement contains flavonoids and miroestrol compounds, which have all been shown to be effective for fighting aging. A reduction in gray hair and cellulite, increased energy, improved memory and improved circulation are some of the benefits that people have reported after taking Pueraria Mirifica.
Feel Good, Look Good... Peuraria Mirifica
Herbal Hair Food
There are other factors that lead to thinning hair for women such as stress, insufficient nutrition, hair follicle inflammation, and depression. Pueraria Mirifica eliminates clogged hair follicles, balances the hormones, boosts blood flow, helps hair grow healthy, and nourishes the scalp and hair follicles to prevent hair loss.
Hair loss could also be due to poor supply of nutrients and blood to your scalp. Pueraria promotes healthy heart by improving blood circulation throughout the body while maintaining hair health. Pueraria Mirifica nourishes plus increases scalp blood circulation to improve hair growth. Historically in Burmese and Northen Thailand folklore it is said that Pueraria Mirifica can darken white hair,
Ancient Purity doesn't recommend Pueraria Mirifica for men becuase it boosts oestrogen, but for transgenders who are lossing hair and happy with oestrogen increase Mirifica would be a good choice.
Lush Healthy Hair
Some of the great information we have on Pueraria Mirifica was originally understood through a publication of the booklet containing the reference to the plant's use in ancient times, with the author Luang Anusan Suntara claiming in his publication use of the ingredient reduced wrinkles, got rid of gray hair, improved eyesight and memory, along with other benefits. The plant's name originates from the Latin puer 'boy', 'child' and mirificus 'wonderful', 'miraculous'.
Evidence of the use of Pueraria mirifica can be definitively identified as early as the 13th Century AD. The ancient capital of Burma, known then as Pookham but now called Bagan, was one of the most important centers of knowledge in the Asian region until being sacked and partially destroyed by Kublai Khan's Mongol invasion of the late 13th Century. In 1931 a text was discovered secreted within the walls of a Buddhist temple that predated the Mongol invasion. Originally written on palm leaves, and translated into English and published in 1931, the document includes the instructions:
Experience the Natural Wonder of Pueraria Mirifica - Order Today
- Pueraria Mirifica (harvested post 3 years) 100% Natural.
- Vegetable Cellulose (capsule).
- Take two Capsules daily for 60 days and then take a 2 week break.
- One in the Morning / One in Evening.
- Best taken with a food or beverage that is high in calcium, as it seems calcium helps increase the absorption of phytoestrogens, which are the main active ingredients in Pueraria.
For Specific Menopause use: We recommend taking with Dong Quai and Magnesium Spray. Both you will see in "Related Products" at the base of page.
NOTE: We highly recommend taking this herb for a minimum of 60 days. The jar is for 1 single 60 day cycle. The results seen in studies and research showed optimum results at 45-60 days. We want you to experience this in the most effective way and believe this is it.
WARNING: If you are pregnant, nursing, have any health condition or taking any medications, Do not take this product without consulting a healthcare professional. If you have been diagnosed with any disease or been warned you may be a high risk of one of those diseases do not take this product.
SIDE EFFECTS / WARNING: If you experience any unwanted side effects cease usage, people who have experienced side effects founf them to be temporary and over after stopping use of the product. Due to the herb's oestrogen-like effects, symptoms such as bloating, cramps, breast tenderness, headache, weight changes, and irregular periods are possible. With that said, none of the above listed studies reported significant side effects, even with up to six months of daily use. Pueraria mirifica should be used with caution in people with liver disease since the herbal metabolites are broken down by the liver. Excessive use can place strain on the liver and potentially cause liver damage.
MEDICATIONS: It is not known if Pueraria Mirifica interacts with other drugs, if you are taking any medicines consult your doctor before use.
- Brand: Ancient Purity.
- Size: 120 Tablets.
- Container: Miron Dark Violet Glass.
- Storage: Keep in a cool dry place, keep out of reach of children.
- Estimated shelf life from purchase: 1 - 2 years.
Q - What are the possible side effects?
A - Due to the herb's oestrogen-like effects, symptoms such as bloating, cramps, breast tenderness, headache, weight changes, and irregular periods are possible. With that said, none of the above listed studies reported significant side effects, even with up to six months of daily use.
Q - Who should avoid Pueraria Mirifica?
A - People with liver disease since the herbal metabolites are broken down by the liver. Excessive use can place strain on the liver and potentially cause liver damage.
Q - I'm on medication is it safe for me to take?
A - It is unknown if Pueraria Mirifica can interact with other drugs. You must consult your doctor before use if you are taking any medication or have a health condition.
The products and the claims made about specific products, articles and claims made in the articles and information written on or through this site have not been evaluated by Ancient Purity, the MHRA, the FSA or the United States FDA and are not approved to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. The information provided on this site is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging. You should not use the information on this site for diagnosis or treatment of any health problem or for prescription of any medication or other treatment. You should consult with a healthcare professional before starting any diet, exercise or supplementation program, before taking any medication, or if you have or suspect you might have a health problem. Providing a product for sale does not imply Ancient Purity recommendation of that product, its suitability or its efficacy. Ancient Purity cannot give medical opinions. No comment or entry in this site or in any communication from Ancient Purity may be taken as such.
Prices and promotions are subject to change without notice. Customers should always carefully check all the details printed on the package before opening the product. Whilst all efforts are made to ensure accuracy of description, specifications and pricing there may be occasions where errors arise. Should such a situation occur the company cannot accept your order. In the event of a mistake you will be contacted with a full explanation and a corrected offer. The information displayed is considered as an invitation to treat not as a confirmed offer for sale. The contract is confirmed upon supply of goods, Prices and promotions are subject to change without notice.
Please read the Terms and Conditions of using this site, by using the site you are accepting the terms and conditions.
All Material on this site © 2014 Ancient Purity Ltd Registered in England & Wales 07801142 VAT Reg 168 335 488