Wild Cherry Bark
Native America's traditional apothecary Wild Cherry Bark is a medicinal herb derived from the black cherry tree that has been used for centuries by Native Americans and Herbalists. In fact Wild Cherry Bark was one of the most treasured herbs of Native American Tribes. It was used as a cough suppressant, perhaps why it was also known as Chokeberry. It became known after curing the famous American explorer Meriwether Lewis of a severe bout of gastric upset. Written in the Field Guide to Medicinal Wild Plants, "When Captain Meriwether Lewis fell ill with fever and abdominal cramps on the Lewis and Clark expedition, he was on his feet the next day after being dosed with Chokecherry twigs simmered in water." Wild Cherry Bark was listed in the US Pharmacopoeia from 1820 to 1970 as an antitussive and a sedative. The Cherokees used the bark as a pain killer during labour, the Mohegans are documented as using it as a remedy for various problems including dysentery. Crossing boarders the Herb was used in Traditional Chinese Medicine, utilised for “heart fire”. This is a Tea for the Great Outdoors, it gives and is part of the Wilderness, add Bush Apple Syrup to sweeten. The British Herbal Pharmacopoeia (BHP) 0.5-2 grams of the bark infused in boiling water.
Herbal Health Tea
Wild Crafted, Sustainable and Highly Effective
Experience Wild Cherry Bark - Order Today
- Wild Cherry Inner Bark - 100% Natural.
- Produced to ecological standards, free from agro-chemicals, non-irradiated and GMO-free.
- Add 2 teaspoons to 2 cups of water. Put the water in a pot, bring to the boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Leave for around 10 minutes or according to taste before straining it. It has a slight bitter/strong taste, you can add honey and lemon to the tea for a smoother and brighter flavour overall.
NOTE: You should use this for short-term treatment only (10-14 days). Take a break for a couple of weeks and repeat if desired or take it as directed by your Herbalist or Health Practitioner. Do not exceed the daily recommended dose.
WARNING: Do not take if pregnant or breastfeeding. Contact your healthcare practitioner before taking Wild Cherry Bark if you are taking any prescription medications.
Wild cherry trees grow throughout North America. Native Americans traditionally stripped the bark of the young plants, dried the inner bark and ground it for use as a remedy for cough and other health problems. You can use Ancient Purity Wild Cherry Bark to make tea that can aid to quell coughing. Wild Cherry Bark powder is also one of the active ingredients in several well-known commercial cough syrups.
Wild Wild Country (Wild Cherry Bark & Maple Tea)
• One Cup Ancient Purity Dried Wild Cherry Bark.
• ½ Litre Filtered Boiling Water.
• 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup (You can also add a shot of Ancient Purity Davidson Plum Extract.)
• Heat filtered water to boil
• Let steep covered for at least 5 minutes.
• Add Maple Syrup.
• Stir well. Enjoy any time of day.
NOTE: Flavonoids, calcium, potassium, and iron are some of the hidden riches that make up the key components of this relatively unknown herbal tea. As a member of the rose family, you can imagine the kinds of physical and energetic ailments that are encouraged to transform by drinking Wild Cherry Bark Tea!
Wild Cherry Bark Cough Syrup
Tieraona Low Dog, M.D. is an internationally recognised expert in the fields of integrative medicine, dietary supplements and women’s health, and an authority on botanical medicine. She explains that the inner bark of the Wild Cherry Tree is a very old and revered herbal remedy used by both indigenous Native Americans and ancient Chinese physicians to relieve coughs, colds and congestion.
Wild Cherry Bark syrup is an amazing remedy which works for all kinds of chest congestion and coughs and one that I always keep on hand during the cold season.
• 2 parts Ancient Purity Wild Cherry Bark.
• 1 part liquorice root.
• 1 part ginger root.
• 1 part cinnamon bark.
• 1 part fennel seeds.
• 1 part elecampane.
• 1/8 part orange peel.
• Mix all herbs except the Wild Cherry Bark and cover completely with water. Simmer gently until the liquid is reduced by half.
• Next, turn the heat off and add the Wild Cherry Bark.
• Allow the mixture to infuse for 4 – 12 hours.
• When the infusion time is over, strain and compost the herbs.
• Measure the amount of liquid you have and allow it to cool.
• Double your liquid amount to know how much honey to use. For example, if you have 1/2 cup of liquid, use 1 cup of the honey. (Vegans can use maple syrup instead of honey)
TIP: You can also add a bit of Ancient Purity Bergamot Orange Powder at this point for flavour. This syrup will keep for several weeks in the refrigerator.
- Brand: Ancient Purity.
- Size: 200g.
- Origin: USA.
- Container: Kraft Paper Pouch.
- Estimated shelf life from purchase: 2-3 years.
- Storage: Store in a cool dry place.
The products and the claims made about specific products, articles and claims made in the articles and information written on or through this site have not been evaluated by Ancient Purity, the MHRA, the FSA or the United States FDA and are not approved to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. The information provided on this site is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging. You should not use the information on this site for diagnosis or treatment of any health problem or for prescription of any medication or other treatment. You should consult with a healthcare professional before starting any diet, exercise or supplementation program, before taking any medication, or if you have or suspect you might have a health problem. Providing a product for sale does not imply Ancient Purity recommendation of that product, its suitability or its efficacy. Ancient Purity cannot give medical opinions. No comment or entry in this site or in any communication from Ancient Purity may be taken as such.
Prices and promotions are subject to change without notice. Customers should always carefully check all the details printed on the package before opening the product. Whilst all efforts are made to ensure accuracy of description, specifications and pricing there may be occasions where errors arise. Should such a situation occur the company cannot accept your order. In the event of a mistake you will be contacted with a full explanation and a corrected offer. The information displayed is considered as an invitation to treat not as a confirmed offer for sale. The contract is confirmed upon supply of goods, Prices and promotions are subject to change without notice.
Please read the Terms and Conditions of using this site, by using the site you are accepting the terms and conditions.
All Material on this site © 2014 Ancient Purity Ltd Registered in England & Wales 07801142 VAT Reg 168 335 488