Bentonite Clay is natural sedimentary clay (Montmorillonite) created from ancient deposits of volcanic ash. It is Calcium Bentonite and has a Ph of 8.5. Trading Standards do not classify any clays as food grade anymore. Bentonite Clay can also be used externally as a clay poultice, mud pack or in the bath and as a face mask and for general skincare recipes. Many Cleansing products have come and gone over the years, while Bentonite Clay is still here, getting results consistently. Trusted for generations, the first recorded use of medicinal clay is on Mesopotamian clay tablets around 2500 B.C. Quality Bentonite Clay contains spectrum of 57 bioavailable ionic minerals. Indigenous peoples around the world still use clay widely, which is related to geophagy (The consumption of soil, ground-up rock, termite mound earth, clay, and dirt which is extremely common in mammals, birds, reptiles, and invertebrates). Ancient Purity Bentonite Clay is one of the most tried and tested natural health products, in a detox protocol and as a stand-alone powerful tool for health. But it can be complimented with some other incredible elements...Our Bentonite Clay powder is free of parabens, fillers, sulphates and other harmful chemicals. It has a gentle smooth consistency. So, it is kind on the skin and has no side effects.
Ancient Purity Presents Bentonite Clay
Bentonite Clay... Clean, Safe, Effective
Bentonite Clay... A Natural Solution
Bentonite Clay is a Healing Clay
Experience the Detoxing Power of Bentonite Clay - Order Today
- Calcium Bentonite Clay (100% Pure)
- Produced to eco-logical standards, non-irradiated and GMO-Free
Typical chemical anaylsis:
- SiO2 60.7%
- Al2O3 18.31%
- LOI 6.05%
- Fe2O3 3.95%
- MgO 3.32%
- K2O 3.14%
- CaO 2.85%
- Na2O 1.56%
- TiO2 0.49%
- Mn3O4 0.08%
- Montmorillonite 88%
- Mica 5%
- Feldspars 5%
- Quartz 2%
Other Typical Properties:
- Bulk Density 800 – 900 Kg/m3
- Swelling Volume 11 ml/2g
- Moisture Maximum 14% by weight
- CEC 76 meq/100g
- Adults for general health maintenance: Mix 1 heaped teaspoon of Ancient Purity Bentonite Clay in a large glass of pure water or juice and drink once daily. Alternatively, a heaped teaspoon can be added to a litre of clean water (glass bottle) and sipped throughout the day.
- Take on an empty stomach, preferably in the morning or late evening.
- 2 hours between meals.
- Adequate intake of fresh filtered water is vital due to the absorptive nature of this product.
Or take Ancient Purity Bentonite Clay as directed by your healthcare practitoner. Do not exceed the recommended daily intake.
- Children: Take 1/2 teaspoon per 50lbs of bodyweight. Do not exceed the recommended daily intake.
- Face Mask: For smooth and healthy skin, make a paste of Bentonite and water and apply to face as a mask (a similar mask is used in many spas). Leave on for 10-20 minutes and wash off with warm water. If you feel a pulling and tightening sensation, it means the mask is working. Typically do this once or twice a week.
NOTE: You may experience slight redness of the skin directly after removing the mask. This is totally normal and should disappear in about 30 minutes. If you’re nervous about this, perform a spot test elsewhere on your body 24 hours prior to using this mask on your face.
- Detox Bath: First we highly recommend using Magnesium Spray as this will massively help detoxification happen. Then add about 1/4 cup of our Bentonite Clay to a bath for a relaxing detox bath that softens skin.
- Bentonite Clay Foot Baths: While not quite as effective as a full body soak, are proving to be very beneficial as well. So, if you can't do a full body clay bath, a Calcium Bentonite foot bath is the next best thing. To prepare your clay foot bath, you'll need a plastic tub. Most people prefer a container that's deep, in which they can submerge their whole foot. Do not use a metal tub because the metal will react badly to the clay. A plastic shoe box or even a five-gallon plastic bucket will work fine.
Place a towel on the floor to catch any splashes and set your tub on the towel. Fill the tub about 50-60% with warm water. Add half a cup of Bentonite Clay or more and whisk it around until it's fully dissolved. Submerge your feet and relax for 15-30 minutes. If some of the clay settles to the bottom of the tub, that's fine. You can wiggle your feet a bit to mix it back into the water. After your foot soak, dry your feet and apply a natural moisturiser.
- For Hair: As a shampoo replacement Bentonite Clay may also be used as a shampoo trapping and removing dirt, debris, build-up and other particles from your hair and scalp.
- Mix 1 to 2 parts Bentonite Clay.
- Slowly add water to the clay until you achieve a pancake mix texture.
- Apply to your hair (dry or wet).
- Allow to set for between 15 - 20 minutes.
- On the Skin: Externally, apply a paste of Ancient Purity Bentonite Clay and water on any skin irritation like blemishes, insect bites, cuts, skin itching, or burns. Leave it on until it dries and wash off. This is said to be especially calming to itching from various skin health issues.
- Skin Poultice for Bites/Burns/Cuts/Stings: For more severe issues, create a poultice by putting a thick layer of clay on the skin and applying a wet gauze or cloth over it. Wrap the area and leave the poultice on, changing every 2 hours.
WARNING: Do not store or mix Bentonite clay in metal. Keep container closed and in a dry place when not in use. Do not take the clay with medications and/or dietary supplements as it may bind with other substances, possibly reducing their effectiveness. Please consult your physician if you if you are taking any prescription medication.
In some cases, a Psyllium - Clay colon-cleanse can cause constipation. The reason Bentonite Clay may lead to constipation is because of its ability to absorb many times its weight in pathogens and toxins. Degenerative conditions in the digestive tract can also lead to constipation. Taking Ancient Purity Vitamin C Powder or Magnesium might help, according to Krohn and Taylor. Also, psyllium can cause bloating or gas and interact with some medications, warns the University of Maryland Medical Centre. Do not take psyllium if you have difficulty swallowing or have kidney disease.
- Brand: Ancient Purity.
- Size: 500g.
- Container: Kraft Paper Pouch.
- Estimated shelf life from purchase: Bentonite Clay does not expire, we do label it however as a 4-year expiry.
- Storage: Keep in a cool dry place, keep out of reach of children.
Bentonite Clay Lowdown
Ancient Purity Bentonite Clay is brimming with minerals including: calcium, magnesium, silica, sodium, copper, iron, and potassium. Therefore you easily could call it skin food. Not solely does it enrich your skin with nutrients; but it has the ability to draw out unwanted toxins and acne-causing sebum, which is a primary cause of acne breakouts.
Acne Fighting Mask (Bentonite Clay)
- 2 tablespoons Ancient Purity Bentonite Clay.
- 3 drops Ancient Purity Thieves Oil.
- ¼ teaspoon Ancient Purity Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Rosewater or Distilled Water (as needed.)
- Mix the rosewater with Ancient Purity Bentonite Clay until it forms a smooth, wet paste.
- Once that is done, add the other ingredients.
- Apply the mask on your face, excluding your eyes and mouth.
- Leave on until it hardens.
- Wash off with warm filtered water.
Anti-Ageing Mask (Bentonite Clay)
- ¼ cup Ancient Purity Ceremonial Grade Matcha Powder.
- 2 tablespoons Ancient Purity Bentonite Clay.
- 1 teaspoon kaolin clay.
- ⅓ teaspoon Ancient Purity Apple Cider Vinegar.
- 1 tablespoon filtered water.
- Mix the filtered water and kaolin clay together.
- Add Ancient Purity Bentonite Clay. (You can add more water if necessary, to create a thick, smooth paste.)
- Lastly, add the Matcha Powder until it blends into the mixture smoothly.
- Finally, add Ancient Purity Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Apply the mask all over the face, except your eyes and lips.
- Let the mask dry for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Wash the mask off with warm and clean water.
- Feel your Face!
Organic Bentonite Clay Deodorant
- 1 cup Ancient Purity Cold-Pressed Virgin Coconut Oil.
- 6 tablespoons Ancient Purity Bicarbonate of Soda.
- 6 tablespoons corn starch.
- 2 tablespoons Ancient Purity Organic Bentonite Clay.
- 20 drops orange essential oil.
- 10 drops peppermint essential oil.
- Melt Ancient Purity Coconut Oil in a double boiler.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour into empty deodorant tubes and refrigerate until set.
Q: What does 'Bentonite' mean?
A: Bentonite is the most abundant of all clays. The term "Bentonite" is a catch-all for numerous variations of smectite absorbent (swelling) clays derived from weathered volcanic ash. A Bentonite often contains a high percentage of Montmorillonite, Illite or Kaolin clays. For the most part, Bentonites are classified as Sodium Bentonites, Potassium Bentonites or Calcium Bentonites. The one common characteristic of a Bentonite is that they absorb moisture more so than other clays.
Q: What is the difference between Sodium and Calcium Bentonite?
A: Sodium is the most swelling of the clays and as a result the most clogging. Calcium clays are valuable therapeutic clays both internally and externally and less clogging. It is important to supplement with extra magnesium whilst using calcium bentonite to balance these two minerals. Magnesium is most deficient of the two in modern diets.
Q: Can I use calcium Bentonite Clay topically for skin issues?
A: Yes, it works great for chronic itchy skin conditions. Just mix up a small batch following the instructions below (1 part clay, 3 parts water). Apply liberally to affected areas (skin) and let stand for 20-30 minutes. Rinse with warm water. Use 2-3 times per week or as often as necessary for a clean, clear and healthy skin.
Q: Can I use calcium Bentonite Clay on my scalp?
A: Yes, the clay is excellent for helping to reduce itchy rash with flaky scales and itchy scalp. Make a batch consisting of 1 part clay and 3 parts water following the instructions below. You can also substitute apple cider vinegar in place of water for a more pH balanced mixture. Apply liberally to entire scalp and let stand for 20-30 minutes. Rinse with warm water (shampoo optional). Apply 2-3 times per week, or as often as necessary for clean, clear, healthy scalp.
Q: Should I drink calcium Bentonite Clay or use it topically?
A: For skin or scalp conditions like flaky scales and itchy rashes, you will have better results by applying the clay topically 2-3 times per week. For overall body detoxification, you will achieve better results from drinking the clay every day. Doing both is recommended for optimum results and good health.
Q: What are Bentonite Clay's main benefits?
A: Bentonite Clay works like a sponge on your skin. It absorbs dirt and oil, like sebum. Too much sebum can lead to acne. The antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties may help your skin heal.
The products and the claims made about specific products, articles and claims made in the articles and information written on or through this site have not been evaluated by Ancient Purity, the MHRA, the FSA or the United States FDA and are not approved to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. The information provided on this site is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging. You should not use the information on this site for diagnosis or treatment of any health problem or for prescription of any medication or other treatment. You should consult with a healthcare professional before starting any diet, exercise or supplementation program, before taking any medication, or if you have or suspect you might have a health problem. Providing a product for sale does not imply Ancient Purity recommendation of that product, its suitability or its efficacy. Ancient Purity cannot give medical opinions. No comment or entry in this site or in any communication from Ancient Purity may be taken as such.
Prices and promotions are subject to change without notice. Customers should always carefully check all the details printed on the package before opening the product. Whilst all efforts are made to ensure accuracy of description, specifications and pricing there may be occasions where errors arise. Should such a situation occur the company cannot accept your order. In the event of a mistake you will be contacted with a full explanation and a corrected offer. The information displayed is considered as an invitation to treat not as a confirmed offer for sale. The contract is confirmed upon supply of goods, Prices and promotions are subject to change without notice.
Please read the Terms and Conditions of using this site, by using the site you are accepting the terms and conditions.
All Material on this site © 2023 Ancient Purity Ltd Registered in England & Wales 07801142 VAT Reg 168 335 488