Maca Root Powder
Maca Root (Lepidium Meyenii) Gelatinised. Maca is known as an adaptogen, part of the cruciferous vegetable family, due to its supernatural properties it is considered one of the world’s natural “Super-Foods” or should I say “Super-Roots.” The most well-known benefit of Maca Root is its potential to increase libido. There is decent scientific evidence to support this claim. Another widespread use of this Peruvian root is to increase fertility, particularly in men. In addition, this well-researched ancient root provides a great Superfood Boost! This Peruvian root vegetable has been cultivated for centuries by the indigenous population of the Andes. Maca is rich is potassium an iron, which contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue, whilst supporting physical and mental performance. It's a natural source of amino acids, quality fatty acids, and minerals. It promotes antioxidants in the body, offering numerous benefits. Including potential support for easing menstrual and postmenopausal symptoms for women and studies have also shown it supports the mood for women also. Maca doesn't stop there, research and you'll find it effective for bone health, energy levels, and thyroid health. Gelatinised Maca is Maca Root Powder the dried roots are boiled and pressurised to to remove most of the starch content (nothing is added). This concentrates the active ingredients and makes it more water soluble as well as easier for the body to assimilate. Our Maca Root Powder is never heated above 105F / 40C. This is important because research has shown that enzymes and other vital nutrients begin to break down at temperatures above 118F / 48C. Add Maca to smoothies, mixes great with Cacao and Camu Camu. Sourced from it indigenous country... Peru, you have to experience it!
Ancient Purity Presents Maca Root Powder
The Ancient Superfood of Americas
Revered for Centuries
Fuel yourself with Maca
Maca - Dried and Ground into a Powerful Bioavailable Powder
Maca the Ancient Secret Revealed
Experience the Fuel of the Incan Warriors - Order Today
- Maca Root (Ground Powder) 100% Pure.
- Produced to ecological standards and free from agro-chemicals, non-irradiated and GMO-Free.
- Organic at source = Our supplier has certified them organic, but Ancient Purity does not register its products as organic. We add nothing and take nothing out.
- First time: Take 1-2 grams Ancient Purity Maca Root Powder to see how it affects energy (It can be strong).
- Take 3 - 9 grams (1-3 teaspoons) daily or take Ancient Purity Maca Root Powder as directed by your healthcare practitioner. Do not exceed the recommended daily intake.
- Can be mixed into smoothies, tea and coffee.
- For Maca Tea - Mix Maca into tea after it has cooled enough to drink.
Guidelines to Consider: As Maca is a root vegetable in the Radish family, it can safely be taken in small amounts daily. You can’t overdose, but… – Maca is a food and not a drug, herb or supplement. Some people report increased heart rate and nervous energy when they take too much. That’s why it is highly recommended you should start with a conservative amount and work your way up slowly.
You must consider your body weight - When you’re starting with Maca, you need to consider how much you weigh as an important factor in determining your dosage. The dosage levels we recommend below are for people who weigh 160 pounds (75 KG). Heavier people can generally take more. Smaller people should start with a smaller amount.
You should also consider your overall health and age – After factoring in your weight, also reflect on your overall level of health and your age. A 30 year old athlete can start taking a higher Maca dosage than a 75 year old retiree. The younger and healthier you are the more you can start with.
Maca affects different people differently – Even factoring in age, health and body weight, it’s important to remember that Maca has different effects on different people. No two bodies are exactly alike and since Maca is an adaptogen it will act in your body to support what your body needs to balance – especially in terms of your hormonal system.
You can adjust quantities as needed – One thing that we do often here is to adjust the amount of Maca we take depending on how much extra energy we want, or how far we have come along in our health goals. Sometimes we’ll even stop taking Maca for a few days, when we feel like a break – more on that in a minute.
Therapeutic Maca dosage is different than general health dosage – One final consideration is that recommended dosages of Maca for therapeutic purposes are generally higher than for general health. For example if you are taking Maca specifically to help with fertility, you will want to boost your intake over time.
Why Should I take Ancient Purity Maca Root Powder?
It boosts high iron levels and iodine to support healthy cells and to aid keep your metabolism on track. Its big quantities of potassium assist digestion and make our muscles happy. Maca Powder is also rich in calcium, minerals, vitamins and amino acids.
- Brand: Ancient Purity.
- Size: 250/500g.
- Origin: Junin (Peru).
- Container: Kraft Paper Pouch.
- Estimated shelf life from purchase: 2 years.
- Storage: Keep in a cool dry place, keep out of reach of children.
Maca Root Powder Lowdown
Ancient Purity Maca Root Powder is made from the root of a cruciferous vegetable that grows at high altitude, in the harsh conditions of the Andes Mountains. Legend has it that the Incans would eat Maca Root before going into battle to give them strength and energy. It's not surprising that athletes turn to Maca to boost training and game-day exploits. Unlike other performance-enhancing supplements, Maca Root Powder is legal, and it doesn't cause a crash or jitters--downsides to caffeine and other stimulants.
Magical Maca Breakfast Cake (Maca Root Powder)
- ½ cup buckwheat flour.
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ⅜ cup almond flour.
- 2 tablespoons Ancient Purity Maca Root Powder.
- 1½ teaspoons granulated stevia or use a tablespoon of Wild Longan Honey. (Available @Ancient Purity)
- ½ teaspoon Ancient Purity Bicarbonate of Soda.
- ½ teaspoon Ancient Purity Celtic Sea Salt
- 1½ cup maple oat milk.
- 1 whole egg. (Vegans can substitute with 1 tablespoon ground flax meal & 3 tablespoons filtered water. Be sure to let the mixture rest for 10-15 minutes.)
- 1 egg white (for vegan recipe, omit.)
- Ancient Purity Desert Lime Syrup. (2 teaspoons)
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flours, Ancient Purity Maca Root Powder, and remaining dry ingredients.
- Stir well.
- Pour the plant-based milk into a 4- or 8-cup liquid measure.
- Add the egg or flax egg and egg white (if using) and Desert Lime Syrup.
- Whisk or use a fork to briskly combine the wet ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and stir just until all are moistened.
- Let the mixture sit for a few minutes as you heat a griddle or large skillet.
- Pour a generous half cup of pancake batter onto griddle and cook until small bubbles form on the upper side.
- Flip pancake and cook for a few more seconds.
TIP: Serve topped with plant-based yogurt or Greek yogurt and/or Ancient Purity Bush Apple Syrup.
Espresso & Banana Maca Root Smoothie
- 1 banana fresh or frozen.
- 1 shot espresso.
- 2 teaspoons Ancient Purity Maca Root Powder.
- 2 teaspoons almond butter.
- 1 cup coconut milk (the carton variety, not canned) or other milk of choice.
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract – optional.
- ½ cup ice cubes – optional.
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs for topping – optional.
- Place all ingredients except for the cacao nibs (if you're using them) into your blender.
- Process until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a Mythos Energy Glass and serve immediately.
- Top with the cacao nibs.
TIP: If you don't have an espresso machine you could make this with a small, amount of strong instant coffee; about ¼ cup will do.
Maca Cacao Smoothie
- Ancient Purity Maca Powder.
- Ancient Purity Raw Cacao Powder.
- Ancient Purity Hemp Seeds.
- Maple Syrup. (You can also use 1-2 teaspoons of Sea Moss Powder instead.)
- Almond Milk.
- Combine all the ingredients in a high-powered blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- If your smoothie is thicker than you’d like, add more liquid.
- If you would like your smoothie thicker, add ice or more frozen fruit, until you reach your desired consistency.
TIP: Enjoy this as a Maca Smoothie bowl. Top it with homemade granola and fruit.
This Maca smoothie is a smooth silky delicious blend of banana, cacao powder, and maca root powder. This rich, chocolatey smoothie may taste like an indulgence but it’s actually full of nutritious ingredients that will have you feeling refreshed and re-energised. Enjoy it as breakfast on the go, a post-workout snack, or when you’re craving something sweet. (This recipe is vegan and naturally gluten-free.)
Q: What is Ancient Purity Maca Root, exactly?
A: Maca is a root vegetable (alternatively referred to as a tuber) that’s a distant cousin of the radish family. A member of the species Lepidium meyenii, it’s grown in the mountains of Peru and Bolivia. Maca’s benefits have long been valued by indigenous cultures. More recently, its use as a superfood has spread worldwide, and its popularity is growing exponentially.
Q: Why they call Maca Root Peruvian Ginseng?
A: For its benefits as a tonic and for its concentration of nutrients. It’s considered an adaptogen for its ability to help the body manage stress and boost immunity. It has been used to enhance libido, fertility, and athletic stamina. Be aware that though many of these and other claims are credible, they’re largely anecdotal, as Maca has just recently started to be formally studied.
The products and the claims made about specific products, articles and claims made in the articles and information written on or through this site have not been evaluated by Ancient Purity, the MHRA, the FSA or the United States FDA and are not approved to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. The information provided on this site is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging. You should not use the information on this site for diagnosis or treatment of any health problem or for prescription of any medication or other treatment. You should consult with a healthcare professional before starting any diet, exercise or supplementation program, before taking any medication, or if you have or suspect you might have a health problem. Providing a product for sale does not imply Ancient Purity recommendation of that product, its suitability or its efficacy. Ancient Purity cannot give medical opinions. No comment or entry in this site or in any communication from Ancient Purity may be taken as such.
Prices and promotions are subject to change without notice. Customers should always carefully check all the details printed on the package before opening the product. Whilst all efforts are made to ensure accuracy of description, specifications and pricing there may be occasions where errors arise. Should such a situation occur the company cannot accept your order. In the event of a mistake you will be contacted with a full explanation and a corrected offer. The information displayed is considered as an invitation to treat not as a confirmed offer for sale. The contract is confirmed upon supply of goods, Prices and promotions are subject to change without notice.
Please read the Terms and Conditions of using this site, by using the site you are accepting the terms and conditions.
All Material on this site © 2023 Ancient Purity Ltd Registered in England & Wales 07801142 VAT Reg 168 335 488