Desert Lime Powder/Syrup
Desert Lime is a Native Australian Super-Food with a Citrus Fizz. It's a Nutrient-Dense, Bush Food. This Ultimate Citrus Smoothie ingredient is a little fruit with a big, zesty flavour. It out-powers oranges for Vitamin C and it's loaded with Calcium, a rare food source of Folate and even Vitamin E and Lutein. It also has a high potassium to sodium ratio. Desert Limes have been eaten whole by Indigenous Australians for generations and used to make cordials, sauces, garnishes, and chutneys. Create Exotic thirst-quenching infused beverages, like Refreshing Ice Teas and adventurous exotic smoothies. Ancient Purity Freeze-Dried Desert Lime Powder contains all the Nutritional Goodness of fresh Desert Limes. Desert Lime Syrup is gluten free, diary free and no sugars were added. Each ml syrup features the equivalent to 500mg fresh Desert Lime Juice. With Desert Lime you can create some of the healthiest smoothies ever! Choose from the Zingy Powder or delicious Syrup, it provides a refreshing exotic flavour to almost everything.
Ancient Purity Presents Desert Lime Powder
Unique in Nature - Unique in Health
Desert Lime... The Queen of Desert Super-Fruits
Make Unrivalled Citrus Smoothies with Desert Lime
Experience Desert Lime...The Bush Tucker Citrus Fruit - Order Today
Desert Lime Powder
- Desert Lime - Freeze dried.
- Produced to ecological standards, free from agro-chemicals, non-irradiated and GMO-free.
Desert Lime Syrup
- Desert Lime.
- Glycerol (Coconut).
- Pure Water.
- Citric Acid and Ascorbic Acid.
NOTE: Each 1ml contain extract equivalent to 500mg fresh plant.
Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Desert Lime Powder: Ancient Purity Freeze-Dried Desert Lime Powder is convenient, nutritious and fun to add to different recipes. However, you might still wonder, "is freeze-dried fruit healthy for you as fresh fruit?" The short answer is yes, it is still highly nutritious because it keeps all of its nutritional content through the freeze-drying process.
- Take 1 to 4 grams daily in filtered water, Smoothie, Juice or healthy Desserts or take Ancient Purity Desert Lime Powder as directed by your healthcare practitioner. Do not exceed the recommended daily intake.
- Add Ancient Purity Desert Lime Powder to Seafood dishes.
- Add Ancient Purity Desert Lime Powder to Chutneys, Sauerkraut and other Preserves.
- Add to Cocktails, Mocktails, Marinades and Sorbets.
- Use our Desert Lime like you would use any other Lime.
Desert Lime Syrup: Ancient Purity Desert Lime Syrup can be used in both sweet and savoury dishes, and wherever conventional lemon and lime would be used. It's perfect for use in cakes, biscuits, curd, chocolate and ice-cream, and adds a refreshing zing and citrus burst to dressings, marinades, pickles and preserves.
- As a "Health Syrup" take 1 teaspoon up to 3 times daily.
- As a Healthy Treat, add Ancient Purity Desert Lime Syrup to Desserts, Yoghurts and Smoothies.
- Can be used to Naturally Sweeten Coffee and Tea.
- Brand: Ancient Purity.
- Size: Powder: 25 - 100g (09 - 2.46 oz.) Syrup: 100ml. (3.38 fl.oz.).
- Container: Miron Glass Jar / Kraft Paper Pouch.
- Storage: Store in a cool dry place, keep out of reach of children.
- Estimated shelf life from purchase: 1-2 years.
The Ancient Australian Desert Lime is fast becoming a favourite with many chefs and food manufacturers. You can find it in everything from ice-cream, cheese cakes and biscuits thru to some amazing tasting cocktails. There’s nothing like the taste of these wonderful tiny fruits, the bright emerald green colour looks fantastic with any dish and it is a true Australian citrus. Ancient Purity freeze-dried Desert Lime Powder is a rich source of calcium, significant levels of Vitamin C, antioxidants, folate (Vitamin B9), Vitamin E and lutein. It also has a high potassium: sodium ratio, which may aid to decrease high blood pressure levels.
Whole Roast Fish with Desert Lime, Lemongrass & Ginger
A marinade packed with health-boosting aromatic herbs like lemongrass, ginger, Desert Lime, shallots and a touch of lime crushed in a Mortar & Pestle and spread onto a mild white fish, such as barramundi. Serve the roast fish flaked off the bone, over rice or alongside a fresh green veggie salad.
• 3 whole fish, scaled and cleaned.
• 6 tablespoons Lemon Myrtle infused olive oil.
• 1 ½ tablespoons Ancient Purity Celtic Sea Salt.
• 1 stalk lemongrass, tough outer part discarded, chopped.
• 1 (2-inch) piece ginger, scrubbed and chopped.
• 4 spring onions, green parts sliced and white parts trimmed and left whole.
• 1 shallot, peeled and chopped.
• 2 lemons.
• ½ teaspoon ground Biodynamic Turmeric.
• ½ cup full-fat coconut milk.
• 1 teaspoon Ancient Purity Desert Lime Powder.
• Heat the oven to 425 degrees. Pat the body and inside of the fish dry, and space the fish evenly apart on an unlined sheet pan. Use a sharp knife to cut two diagonal slits, 2 inches apart, into the skin of each fish, making sure not to cut through to the bone. Repeat the slits on the other side.
• Next, drizzle both sides and the inside of the fish with 3 tablespoons oil, and season with the 1 1/2 tablespoons Celtic Sea Salt. (You can also use Ancient Purity Old Man Saltbush)
• Working in batches if necessary, transfer the lemongrass to the bowl of a mortar and pestle. Use the pestle to pound the lemongrass pieces until crushed and fragrant. Move the crushed pieces to one side of the mortar bowl. Add the ginger pieces and repeat the pounding process until they’re crushed. Combine the ginger and the lemongrass.
• Add the scallion greens and scotch bonnet chile. Use the pestle to crush and combine these with the lemongrass mixture. Add the shallot and zest of 1 lemon, crush and combine with the pestle.
• Stir in the turmeric and coconut milk. (Makes about 1 1/4 cup marinade.) Alternatively, you can do this step in a food processor. Add in the ingredients in the order listed, and pulse them all together. Stir in the turmeric and coconut milk.
• Slice the zested lemon into 3 or 4 rounds. Spread the marinade generously over both sides of each fish and about 2 tablespoons into each cavity. Place a lemon slice, the white end of a scallion and some cilantro sprigs in each cavity. (At this point, the fish can be left to marinate for up to 30 minutes, or covered and refrigerated overnight.) Now you can drizzle the tops of the fish with the remaining oil and Ancient Purity Desert Lime Powder.
• Roast the fish until firm and cooked through, rotating the sheet pan once halfway through the process, about 22 to 25 minutes. Slice the remaining lemon into wedges. Serve the fish over steamed rice or alongside a hearty salad, with the lemon wedges for squeezing.
TIP: The fish can also be put on the barbecue or hot coals if wrapped in aluminium foil. Use Ancient Purity Desert Lime Powder like you would use any other lime. Its unique strong citrus flavour means you can use less. Add Ancient Purity Desert Lime Powder to: seafood dishes, cocktails & mocktails, marinades and sorbets. It mixes very well with sea Parsley, Mountain Pepper Leaf, Old Man Saltbush, Aniseed myrtle and Bush Tomato.
Desert Lime & Aniseed Myrtle Cake
• 1/3 cup milk of choice.
• 2 teaspoons Aniseed Myrtle (optional.)
• 180g butter, diced.
• ¾ cup caster sugar.
• 3 eggs.
• 1 ⅔ cups chickpea flour.
• 3 teaspoons baking powder
• 2 tablespoons Ancient Purity Desert Lime Powder.
• 2 teaspoons Ancient Purity Desert Lime Syrup.
• Preheat oven to 170C fan-forced and line a loaf pan (1.5L) with baking paper.
• To begin, gently heat milk and Aniseed Myrtle in a small pot on medium heat, stirring.
• Take the milk off the heat before it boils and let it steep.
• Place butter and sugar into a stand mixer fitted with a paddle.
• Cream together until smooth and pale.
• Scrape down the sides if needed and add in the eggs.
• Beat for 2-3 minutes until combined.
• While this is beating, strain the Aniseed Myrtle from the milk and discard the leaves.
• Then add it to the mixer along with flour, baking powder and Ancient Purity Desert Lime Powder.
• Mix until combined.
• Spoon into the loaf pan, smoothing as best you can.
• Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
• Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely then top with Greek yoghurt, mango and wattleseed.
Bush Tucker Desert Lime & Coconut Poached Chicken Salad (Desert Lime)
Ingredients Poached Chicken
• 1 cup coconut milk.
• 1 lime, juice.
• ½ teaspoon fish sauce.
• 2 teaspoons Ancient Purity Desert Lime Powder.
• 6 kaffir lime leaves.
• 1 teaspoon Ancient Purity Old Man Saltbush.
• 2 large chicken breasts.
Ingredients Asian-Style Dressing
• 1 ½ cups coconut milk.
• 1 ½ cups coriander leaves.
• 2 teaspoons Finger Lime Powder.
• 2 teaspoons Kakadu Plum Powder (Available @Ancient Purity).
• 1 large lime, juice.
• 1 tablespoon Longan Fruit Honey (Available @Ancient Purity).
• 1 cm piece of ginger.
• 1 large red chilli, deseeded.
• Rice vermicelli noodles, prepared.
• 2 cups spinach leaves.
• Carrot noodles.
• 1 cup peas, cooked.
• Bean sprouts.
• Coriander leaves.
• Roasted Ancient Purity Sandalwood Nuts, chopped.
• Lime wedges.
Preparation Desert Lime & Coconut Poached Chicken
• Place coconut milk, lime juice, Ancient Purity Desert Lime Powder, kafir lime leaves and Ancient Purity Old Man Saltbush in a large non-stick frying pan over very low heat and stir to combine.
• Add the chicken and simmer for 10-12 minutes each side or until cooked through.
• Allow to cool slightly, then transfer to the refrigerator in the poaching liquid until chilled. Preparation Asian-Style Finger Lime & Kakadu Plum Dressing
• Place coriander leaves, Finger Lime and Ancient Purity Kakadu Plum, lime juice, Longan Honey, ginger and chilli in a small food processor or blender and process until combined.
• Transfer to a jar and set aside.
• Thinly slice or shred the chicken.
• Place two large full spoons of dressing in the bottom of each jar, divide prepared vermicelli noodles amongst the jars, followed by spinach leaves, zucchini noodles, carrot noodles, peas, sprouts, coriander leaves and chopped Ancient Purity Sandalwood Nuts.
• Serve with lime wedges.
Lemon, Desert Lime, Lime & Grapefruit Bang
• ¾ cup filtered water.
• ⅔ to 3/4 cup Longan Honey (Available @Ancient Purity).
• 1 cup fresh grapefruit juice.
• 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind.
• ¼ cup fresh lemon juice.
• 1 teaspoon Ancient Purity Desert Lime Syrup.
• 2 ½ cups filtered ice water.
• 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice.
• 5 lemon slices (optional).
• 5 lime slices (optional).
• 5 mint sprigs (optional).
• Combine 3/4 cup filtered water and Longan Honey in a saucepan over medium-high heat; cook until the honey dissolves, stirring frequently. Let it cool down.
• Stir in grapefruit juice, lemon rind, lemon juice, 2 1/2 cups filtered ice water, Ancient Purity Desert Lyme Syrup and lime juice.
• Garnish with lemon slices, lime slices, and mint sprigs, if desired.
TIP: Fresh citrus slices and mint sprigs add visual appeal to a glass or pitcher of this thirst-quenching drink. By pouring this beverage into a Nature’s Design Energy Glass you can even have a more pleasant drinking experience! Drinking from a quality glass that is designed around energy can only benefit to what you consume. In addition, you can use Ancient Purity’s Glass Vortex Straw to enjoy your beverage to the fullest.
Q: Where do Desert Limes grow?
A: Desert Lime is one of several Australian natives that are true citrus, and is also known as bush lime, wild lime and native cumquat. It is endemic to the semi-arid regions of south west Queensland, western New South Wales and South Australia.
Q: What does 'Freeze-Dried' mean?
A: Freeze Drying is a process in which a completely frozen sample is placed under a vacuum in order to remove water or other solvents from the sample, allowing the ice to change directly from a solid to a vapour without passing through a liquid phase. Unlike canning and other ways of preserving food, freeze-drying causes very little damage to the nutritional value of your food. Freeze-dried foods retain nearly all of the nutrients.
The products and the claims made about specific products, articles and claims made in the articles and information written on or through this site have not been evaluated by Ancient Purity, the MHRA, the FSA or the United States FDA and are not approved to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. The information provided on this site is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging. You should not use the information on this site for diagnosis or treatment of any health problem or for prescription of any medication or other treatment. You should consult with a healthcare professional before starting any diet, exercise or supplementation program, before taking any medication, or if you have or suspect you might have a health problem. Providing a product for sale does not imply Ancient Purity recommendation of that product, its suitability or its efficacy. Ancient Purity cannot give medical opinions. No comment or entry in this site or in any communication from Ancient Purity may be taken as such.
Prices and promotions are subject to change without notice. Customers should always carefully check all the details printed on the package before opening the product. Whilst all efforts are made to ensure accuracy of description, specifications and pricing there may be occasions where errors arise. Should such a situation occur the company cannot accept your order. In the event of a mistake you will be contacted with a full explanation and a corrected offer. The information displayed is considered as an invitation to treat not as a confirmed offer for sale. The contract is confirmed upon supply of goods, Prices and promotions are subject to change without notice.
Please read the Terms and Conditions of using this site, by using the site you are accepting the terms and conditions.
All Material on this site © 2023 Ancient Purity Ltd Registered in England & Wales 07801142 VAT Reg 168 335 488