Matcha Green Tea
THis is Ancient Purity's favouite ever Matcha... This Organic Ceremonial Matcha Green Tea is primarily cultivated in the Nishio region in the Aichi prefecture in Japan. Rich in the historic success of matcha cultivation, the Nishio region is one of Japan’s best kept tea secrets.
Packed with nutritional properties, this Matcha Green Tea contains natural sources of dietary fibre, vitamins A and C, chlorophyll, beta-carotene (up to 9 times more than spinach.) Potent amino acid L-Theanine and abundant antioxidants - over 100 times the epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) catechin antioxidant than standard green tea, it literally provides a plethora of nutritious ingredients not often found in many foods and beverages. Steeped in tradition: We’re excited to be able to offer you not only the highest quality organic matcha green tea, but a very exclusive ceremonial grade Matcha Green Tea used in the traditional Japanese Tea Ceremony called Chanoyu.
Ceremonial Matcha Green Tea Leaf Powder
- Cultivated in the Nishio region in the Aichi prefecture in Japan, Rich in the historic success of matcha cultivation.
- Antioxidants – contains over 100 times the epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) catechin antioxidant than standard Green Tea.
- Rich in naturally occuring Vitamins including A & C.
- Nutrient-rich Chlorophyll.
- Beta-carotene – up to 9 times more than spinach.
- L-Theanine – a potent amino acid.
- Contains potassium, iron and magnesium.
- Caffeine – lower amount than coffee due to L-Theanine.
- “Superior” AIB International rating.
Matcha Green Tea... Nutritionally Superior
What sets Matcha and regular green teas apart are the distinct differences in cultivation, harvesting, production and nutritional profile. To produce organic matcha green tea, the tea bushes must be shaded from sunlight 20 to 30 days before harvest.
Protecting the leaves from direct sunlight stimulates the production of amino acids and increases the chlorophyll levels. After the finest Tencha leaves are harvested by hand, they are steamed to preserve their color and nutrition potential. The leaves are then dried and aged in cold storage, their stems and veins removed, before being stone-ground on a granite block until they turn into fine powder. This milling technique does not expose the matcha to harmful heat that could degrade the fragile antioxidants.
Unlike other tea variants, which are served by soaking the tea leaves in hot water, organic matcha green tea is prepared by whisking the powder in hot water until a layer of froth is formed. When compared to many traditional brewed green teas, with matcha, the entire tea leaf is consumed in powdered form when drinking. This helps retain the potential nutrient-rich value available from the leaf.
Matcha green tea has a greater concentration of antioxidant properties than fruits such as blueberries and strawberries, as well as orange juice. Naturally low in calories and sugar, with the added benefits associated with consuming the whole high-quality tea leaf, matcha also contains potassium, iron and magnesium. There are few, if any, enjoyable teas (or even other beverages) available that come close to the nutritious ingredients found in organic matcha.
Clean, Unique, Rare
The Ancient Power of Japan
By the 13th century, samurai warriors had begun preparing and drinking matcha in an effort to adopt Zen Buddhism, and the foundations of the unique Japanese Tea Ceremony began to emerge.
Today, there are many matcha tea options out in the marketplace for you to choose from. However, you need to realize that -- just like all green teas are not created equal -- the same holds true for matcha, and even organic matcha.
How an exclusive Japanese tradition bestows the "Best of the Best"... After water, Green Tea happens to be the most widely consumed beverage on earth. For centuries, matcha green tea has been kept a guarded secret. Why? The Japanese desired to keep their tea ceremony very exclusive and closed to the outside world.
Plus, the people of Japan wanted to keep this scarce form of green tea with its numerous nutritious properties strictly to themselves. Well, just like everything else, over time things change…
Ancient Purity are excited to be able to offer you not only the highest quality organic matcha green tea, but a very exclusive ceremonial grade matcha green tea used in the traditional Japanese Tea Ceremony.
No added ingredients... Pure, Organic, Matcha Green Tea
A Sacred Harvest, an Ancient Tradition
Solspring® Organic Matcha Ceremonial Green Tea is some of finest matcha green tea on the planet. In addition to being a delightful-tasting tea, this ceremonial matcha can be used in cakes, pies, ice cream, and as an ingredient in baked goods and other entrees. It is especially popular in enhancing lattes and smoothies.
Here’s a glimpse at what helps make Solspring® Organic Matcha Ceremonial Green Tea so exclusive:
- The matcha is primarily cultivated in the Nishio region in the Aichi prefecture in Japan. Rich in the historic success of matcha cultivation, the Nishio region is one of Japan’s best kept tea secrets.
- The raw tea plants are grown in gradually reduced sunlight over a period of time, with 70% of the sunlight blocked 25 days prior to harvest.
- 15 days prior to the harvest, the tea plants are further shaded with 95% of the sunlight blocked.
- Just days before the Tencha leaves are picked, all fields are completely covered by black netting.
- Depriving the tea plants of sunlight, makes the leaves thinner, more tender and produces a fresher, deeper colour, with leaves containing much higher levels of chlorophyll.
- During harvesting, only the newest and finest leaves are picked to enhance the quality of the end product.
The timing is crucial to result in the cultivation of the best matcha and our partner employs a true master with years of experience who expertly selects the optimum time for harvesting. The Matcha undergoes strict, independent testing to ensure that it meets and often exceeds international quality standards for available consumption around the world.
Quality and consistency of our product are our partner’s top priorities. Tea production is thoroughly monitored and documented in every step of the process to surpass ISO9001 and ISO22000 certification standards.
Tea is packed in a sterile, clean environment with a state-of-the art filtering system which clears the air at 44 times per minute. Indoor pressure, temperature and moisture are also automatically monitored on computer-controlled systems.
And unlike some matcha producers out there, our partner has extensive traceability systems to track matcha powder back to its originating tea field through each production process including cultivation conditions, harvest date, lot information, production information and shipping data.
Experience True High Quality Organic Matcha - Order Today
- Organic Matcha Green Tea Leaf Powder.
- Mix 1/2 tsp (1.3g) with hot water and stir.
A great energy boost to start your day...
- Place about 1/8-1/4 tsp.(to your liking) of Solspring® Organic Matcha Ceremonial Green Tea powder in a 16 oz water bottle filled with cold water.
- Shake well until dissolved.
Cold Matcha Frappe...Blend the following:
- 3 ice cubes
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- ¾ cup water
- 1 Tb. raw honey or stevia
- 1/8- 1/2 tsp. (to your liking) Solspring® Organic Matcha Ceremonial Green Tea powder
Matcha Chocolate...Try this with your favorite chocolate recipe:
- Add 2 teaspoons of Solspring® Organic Matcha Ceremonial Green Tea powder to every 100 grams of white chocolate
- The green flavor of the tea helps taper the sweetness of the white chocolate
- Brand: Solospring.
- Form: Powder
- Size: 30g.
- Container: Tin.
- Storage: Keep in a cool dry place, keep out of reach of children.
- Estimated shelf life from purchase: 1 - 2 years.
The products and the claims made about specific products, articles and claims made in the articles and information written on or through this site have not been evaluated by Ancient Purity, the MHRA, the FSA or the United States FDA and are not approved to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. The information provided on this site is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging. You should not use the information on this site for diagnosis or treatment of any health problem or for prescription of any medication or other treatment. You should consult with a healthcare professional before starting any diet, exercise or supplementation program, before taking any medication, or if you have or suspect you might have a health problem. Providing a product for sale does not imply Ancient Purity recommendation of that product, its suitability or its efficacy. Ancient Purity cannot give medical opinions. No comment or entry in this site or in any communication from Ancient Purity may be taken as such.
Prices and promotions are subject to change without notice. Customers should always carefully check all the details printed on the package before opening the product. Whilst all efforts are made to ensure accuracy of description, specifications and pricing there may be occasions where errors arise. Should such a situation occur the company cannot accept your order. In the event of a mistake you will be contacted with a full explanation and a corrected offer. The information displayed is considered as an invitation to treat not as a confirmed offer for sale. The contract is confirmed upon supply of goods, Prices and promotions are subject to change without notice.
Please read the Terms and Conditions of using this site, by using the site you are accepting the terms and conditions.
All Material on this site © 2014 Ancient Purity Ltd Registered in England & Wales 07801142 VAT Reg 168 335 488