Milk Thistle is unique in its ability to protect the liver with no medical equivalent. In cases of poisoning with Amanita mushrooms, which destroy the liver, it is the only treatment option. It has been so dramatically effective that the treatment has never been disputed, even by the medical community. Although Milk Thistle is mostly used for liver issues, such as inflammation and scarring of the liver, this Ancient Herb is also fights numerous health conditions including: high cholesterol, high blood glucose, heartburn, upset stomach, hangover, gallbladder issues, menstrual discomfort and even low mood. It is a traditional herbal medicine that was used traditionally to relieve the symptoms such as indigestion and upset stomach. Choose either the easy-to-take Capsules or Pure Powder which is a blend of Herb & Seed.
Ancient Purity Presents Milk Thistle
Milk Thistle... A Powerful Plant Medicine since Ancient Times
Liver Revitalisation with Milk Thistle - Order Today
- Milk Thistle Herb Ground Powder 50%.
- Milk Thistle Seed Ground Powder 50%.
- Produced to ecological standards, free from agro-chemicals, non-irradiated and GMO-free.
Milk Thistle is a well-researched herb and scientific studies have investigated it's use to protect the liver from toxins, including poison. It is most well known for helping with amanita mushroom (Amanita muscaria) poisoning, saving lives by preventing the liver from absorbing amanita’s toxic constituents. It has also been found to help protect the liver from the damaging effects of some types of chemotherapy. It is a deeply supportive herb, supporting the liver so it can heal and regenerate itself. Ancient Purity Milk Thistle also promotes healthy cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
- Take 2-5 grams of Ancient Purity Milk Thistle in filtered water or smoothie daily or take it as directed by your healthcare practitioner. Do not exceed recommended daily intake.
Note: Milk Thistle may interact with some medications. This is of particular concern if a person is already receiving treatment for liver conditions. Consult a doctor before taking if you are on any medication.
Milk Thistle, a natural herb that has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, is commonly used to detoxify the body, especially the liver. Milk Thistle (which has the scientific name Silybum marianum) is a weed that grows in many parts of the world with a warm climate and is commonly turned into extract or supplement form in order to reap its cell regenerating benefits. Ancient Purity Milk Thistle Seed & Herb Powder contains silymarin and silybin, antioxidants that are known to help protect the liver from toxins, including the effects of alcohol. Not only has silymarin been found to increase glutathione (a powerful antioxidant that is crucial for liver detoxification), but it also may help to regenerate liver cells. However, to regard Milk Thistle solely for liver health would be doing it a disservice, as it has many additional health benefits. We encourage you to do some research on this incredible ancient herb.
Milk Thistle Detox Tea
Making a herbal tea is a great way to access the health benefits of Ancient Purity Milk Thistle Powder.
• 3 cups filtered water.
• 5 grams Ancient Purity Milk Thistle Powder.
• Steep Milk Thistle Powder in 3 cups of boiling filtered water for about 15 minutes.
• Enjoy 30 minutes before meals or bedtime.
TIP: You can also add Ancient Purity Milk Thistle Powder to smoothies or fruit juices.
Milk Thistle Seasoning Salt
Rich in minerals, liver-loving compounds and – most importantly – flavour, this Milk Thistle seasoning salt is super easy to make and perfect for sprinkling on savoury dishes.
• 1 tablespoon Ancient Purity Milk Thistle Herb & Seed Powder.
• 1 tablespoon dulse flakes.
• 1 tablespoon Ancient Purity Dried Nettle Powder.
• 1½ teaspoon whole celery seed. 1 teaspoon garlic powder.
• 1 teaspoon onion powder.
• 1½ teaspoon finely chopped calendula petals (optional)
• 5 tablespoons Ancient Purity Celtic Sea Salt.
• Place the Milk Thistle Powder, dulse flakes, Ancient Purity Dried Nettle Powder, celery seed, and calendula petals in a coffee grinder. (I keep an extra one for grinding herbs and spices but you can also use Mortar & Pestle.)
• Grind the herbs until they reach the level of fineness you prefer.
• Place the mixture in a clean jar and stir in the onion and garlic powder.
• Add the Celtic Sea Salt and mix again . . . now it's ready to use!
Herbal Gomasio - Traditional Japanese condiment (Milk Thistle)
• 1 cup un-hulled sesame seeds, toasted.
• 2-3 teaspoons Ancient Purity Celtic Sea Salt.
• 1 tablespoon powdered kelp or other preferred seaweed.
• ¼ cup powdered Ancient Purity Milk Thistle.
• Toast the sesame seeds, placing them in a skillet on medium heat.
• Toss or stir continuously until they become fragrant and you hear a few of them popping. They will also appear slightly darker. They can burn quickly so watch closely.
• Once they are toasted remove from heat and pour into a bowl to cool.
• Place Ancient Purity Milk Thistle Powder in a clean bowl.
• Mix with the Celtic Sea Salt and powdered seaweed.
• Grind the sesame seeds. This usually only takes a few pulses. Don’t overdo or you’ll get tahini!
• Place the ground sesame in the bowl with the other ingredients and stir until well combined. Store in an Apothecary Jar or other airtight container.
• If you think you will take longer than a month or so to use the mixture, store in the refrigerator
- Brand: Ancient Purity.
- Size: 350g (12.34 oz.).
- Container: Kraft Paper Pouch.
- Storage: Store in a cool dry place, keep out of reach of children.
- Estimated shelf life from purchase: 1-2 years.
Q: Can Milk Thistle Powder clean my kidneys?
A: Milk Thistle (Silymarin marianum) is a well-known herbal therapeutic commonly used for liver support. It supports detoxification through enhancing liver as well as kidney and pancreatic function.
Q: Can Milk Thistle reverse liver damage?
A: The seed extract of the common Milk Thistle, rich in silymarin and its active component, silybin, has now been thoroughly proven to mitigate and, in some cases, reverse liver damage. These compounds have efficacy in liver disease caused by alcohol, by diet and inactivity, by viruses, and by exogenous toxins.
The products and the claims made about specific products, articles and claims made in the articles and information written on or through this site have not been evaluated by Ancient Purity, the MHRA, the FSA or the United States FDA and are not approved to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. The information provided on this site is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging. You should not use the information on this site for diagnosis or treatment of any health problem or for prescription of any medication or other treatment. You should consult with a healthcare professional before starting any diet, exercise or supplementation program, before taking any medication, or if you have or suspect you might have a health problem. Providing a product for sale does not imply Ancient Purity recommendation of that product, its suitability or its efficacy. Ancient Purity cannot give medical opinions. No comment or entry in this site or in any communication from Ancient Purity may be taken as such.
Prices and promotions are subject to change without notice. Customers should always carefully check all the details printed on the package before opening the product. Whilst all efforts are made to ensure accuracy of description, specifications and pricing there may be occasions where errors arise. Should such a situation occur the company cannot accept your order. In the event of a mistake you will be contacted with a full explanation and a corrected offer. The information displayed is considered as an invitation to treat not as a confirmed offer for sale. The contract is confirmed upon supply of goods, Prices and promotions are subject to change without notice.
Please read the Terms and Conditions of using this site, by using the site you are accepting the terms and conditions.
All Material on this site © 2014 Ancient Purity Ltd Registered in England & Wales 07801142 VAT Reg 168 335 488