Astragalus Root Powder
Astragalus Root is one of the most used Longevity Herbs in Traditional Chinese herbal medicine. Its roots are used in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), in which it’s been used as an adaptogen for thousands of years, it has tonifying and adaptogenic properties which benefit various systems and functions of the body. The perennial flowering plant grows from 16 to 36 inches tall and is native to the north and eastern regions of China. It’s also been traced back to Mongolia and Korea. Astragalus Roots are harvested from four-year-old plants and the roots are the only part of the plant that’s used medicinally. Only two of the over 2,000 species of Astragalus, Astragalus membranaceus and Astragalus mongholicus, are used medicinally. In addition, it is the root of Astragalus that is used to make tinctures. Some of the plant constituents have shown to be so potent that they’re now being used as the basis for different drugs. Specifically, the plant’s root is made into different food supplements, including liquid extracts, capsules, powders and teas. At Ancient Purity, we choose simple Ground Astragalus Root Powder for easy dose, bioavailabilty avoiding any fillers and an unnecessary capsule, so make a Longevity Smoothie. The Root also aids in promoting a healthy digestive tract and intestinal mucosa, in fact we could make a long list of effects. Perhaps what Astragalus has become famous for in natural health is that it's enriched with two saponins called Astragaloside IV & Cycloastragenol which can support the maintenance of healthy telomeres as well as cell health. Saponins help to activate telomerase, which are anti-ageing enzymes, to support the health of existing telomeres and normal cellular ageing. However, they are unable to produce new telomeres as the body ages, enter Astragalus.
Ancient Purity Presents Astragalus Root Powder
Create Health Elixirs with Astragalus
Astragalus an Ancient Herb taking you into the Future
The Root of the Longevity Medicine
Relax & Thrive with an Astragalus Tea
Peace & Longevity with Astragalus
Get to the Root of Longevity - Order Today
- Astragalus Root - Ground (Astragalus Membranaceus) 100% Natural.
- Produced to ecological standards, free from agro-chemicals, non-irradiated and GMO-free.
- Take 500mg (½ gram) to 1000mg (1 gram) up to 3 - 4 times daily (Can be taken as a single serving of 1-4 g) or take it as directed by your healthcare practitioner. Do not exceed the recommended daily intake.
- Add to smoothies, already filtered & boiled water (for Tea), in filtered water, juice or as directed by your herbalist or healthcare practitioner.
WARNING: Adaptagens like Astragalus should be cycled. Take for up to 3 months then cease usage for 1-2 months. Consult with your doctor if you have or suspect you have a medcial condition before taking Astragalus. Women who are pregnant or nursing should not take Astragalus. Those who are already taking medication should not take Astragalus Root Powder.
NOTE: Ancient Purity Astragalus Root Powder can be used to protect and support the immune system, preventing colds and upper respiratory infections, lowering blood pressure, treating diabetes, and help protecting the liver. Astragalus Root Powder has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. People sometimes use it on the skin for wound care.
- Brand: Ancient Purity.
- Size: 375g (13.22 oz.).
- Container: Kraft Paper Bag.
- Storage: Keep in a cool dry place, keep out of reach of children.
- Estimated shelf life from purchase: 2 years.
Astragalus Root Powder Lowdown
To maintain wellness during the change of seasons, we herbalists eat whole foods and use herbs to promote a healthy immune system. Astragalus root (Astragalus membranaceus) has been used for thousands of years in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) to promote wellness by strengthening the wei qi, the energy that circulates on the surface of the body.
Known as one of the most useful Chinese herbal tonics, this hearty root is ideal for someone who wants some extra immune support. Western herbalists call this root an adaptogen, which means it helps to bring the body back into balance and to ward off effects of every-day physiological stressors. The mild sweet taste works well alone, or with other medicinal herbs, prepared in soups or as a decoction.
Astragalus Miso Immunity Soup
- 1 spoon Ancient Purity Astragalus Root Powder.
- 1 to 4 inch strip of kombu seaweed.
- 5 fresh shiitake mushrooms.
- 2-3 Tablespoons red miso paste.
- 4 Tablespoons of freshly chopped green onions.
- ½ bundle of kale, chard or any other dark leafy green.
- 400 grams of firm tofu, chopped into squares.
- Add 3.5 cups of filtered water to your pot.
- Then add the sliced shiitakes, kombu (rinse and pat dry first) and Ancient Purity Astragalus Root Powder.
- Allow this mixture to simmer covered for 15-20 minutes.
- Then remove and compost the kombu.
- Add miso paste, chopped green onion, tofu, and chopped (or torn) dark leafy greens.
- Stir and continue to cook until the miso is dissolved.
- Serve and enjoy!
Fire up your immune system with this simple, medicinal soup!
WARNING: Please note this broth should not be used by people who are taking immune suppressant drugs.
TIP: You could also add a tablesppon of Organic Ghee or a jar of Bone Broth to add thickness and flavour to this soup. By combining the powers of whole foods and medicinal herbs, we’re building strong bodies that are more capable of warding off occasional stress. Adding a bowl of warm soup and a few medicinal cups of tea to your daily self-care rituals can boost your immune system and keep you grounded when you need it most. Over time, these seemingly simple acts of self-care deeply nourish our body and spirit, helping us transform into the most vibrant versions of ourselves.
Astragalus Longevity Fruit Smoothie
- 1 cup almond milk.
- ¾ cup Greek yogurt.
- ½ cup strawberries, peaches, mangos or other favourite fresh fruits.
- 1 banana
- 1-2 teaspoons Ancient Purity Astragalus Root Powder.
- Put all ingredients in blender and puree.
- You can use frozen fruits to make the drink colder and thicker.
TIP: Giving this smoothie a tropical touch, add 2 teaspoons of Ancient Purity Durian Fruit Powder.
Chai Astragalus Tea
- 1 tablespoon Ancient Purity Astragalus Root Powder.
- 1 tablespoon dried orange peel.
- 2 teaspoons ginger minced.
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon chips.
- ½ teaspoon peppercorns, black whole.
- 2 cardamom, green pods.
- 2 cloves whole.
- In a medium sized pot, cover all ingredients with 2½ cups of filtered water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Then reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Strain and serve with plant milk and 1 teaspoon of Wild Tropical Forest Honey Fermented with Lemon Peel (if desired).
- Drink within 2 days.
This warming, caffeine-free tea is great during the cold season, or any time you need a pick-me-up. Plus it smells delicious!
Q: Can I take Astragalus Root Powder everyday?
A: When taken by mouth: Astragalus Powder is possibly safe for most adults. Doses of up to 60 grams daily have been safely used for up to 4 months. Astragalus Root is usually well-tolerated.
Q: How do I use Astragalus Root Powder?
A: Most authorities on TCM recommend taking 9-15 grams (3 to 5 tablespoons) of the whole herb daily as a decoction, made by boiling the ground, dried root in clean water for a few minutes and then brewing the tea.
Q: Does Astragalus Root help me sleep better?
A: Insomnia, sleeplessness, interrupted sleep patterns can be cured by regular consumption of Astragalus Root. By improving overall health, metabolism and hormonal balance this root can help in delivering a peaceful sleep.
The products and the claims made about specific products, articles and claims made in the articles and information written on or through this site have not been evaluated by Ancient Purity, the MHRA, the FSA or the United States FDA and are not approved to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. The information provided on this site is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging. You should not use the information on this site for diagnosis or treatment of any health problem or for prescription of any medication or other treatment. You should consult with a healthcare professional before starting any diet, exercise or supplementation program, before taking any medication, or if you have or suspect you might have a health problem. Providing a product for sale does not imply Ancient Purity recommendation of that product, its suitability or its efficacy. Ancient Purity cannot give medical opinions. No comment or entry in this site or in any communication from Ancient Purity may be taken as such.
Prices and promotions are subject to change without notice. Customers should always carefully check all the details printed on the package before opening the product. Whilst all efforts are made to ensure accuracy of description, specifications and pricing there may be occasions where errors arise. Should such a situation occur the company cannot accept your order. In the event of a mistake you will be contacted with a full explanation and a corrected offer. The information displayed is considered as an invitation to treat not as a confirmed offer for sale. The contract is confirmed upon supply of goods, Prices and promotions are subject to change without notice.
Please read the Terms and Conditions of using this site, by using the site you are accepting the terms and conditions.
All Material on this site © 2023 Ancient Purity Ltd Registered in England & Wales 07801142 VAT Reg 168 335 488