Dandelion Leaf & Root
Dandelion is true Plant Medicine... From its roots to its vibrant leaves, Dandelions offer a natural solution to many common ailments. The Dandelion Root, while famously stubborn in our pristine lawns, shines when it comes to promoting overall well-being. Packed with antioxidants and various minerals, this unassuming root has been traditionally used for centuries to aid digestion, liver detoxification, and support healthy weight management. Its bold and earthy flavour adds a charming twist to herbal teas or even as a substitute for coffee – perfect for those who crave a healthier alternative! And then there’s the vivacious leave for vitality! It's time to rethink the perception of these vibrant leaves that dance in the wind. Dandelion Leaves boast an impressive nutrient profile, offering a rich source of vitamins A, C, and K, as well as essential minerals like calcium and iron. With their naturally bitter taste, Dandelion Leaves stimulate digestion and act as nature's secret weapon against bloating and water retention. Detoxification, the Dandelion Way: Bid farewell to expensive detox programs, and let Dandelions accelerate your body's natural cleansing process. Acting as a gentle diuretic, Ancient Purity Dandelion Root and Leaves Powder promote healthy kidney function by flushing out excess toxins, reducing bloating, and supporting urinary tract health. Rooted in tradition and backed by scientific evidence, this medicinal blend of a true Superherb can be a game changer.
Ancient Purity Presents Dandelion Leaf & Root
A Multi-Beneficial Herb - Dandelion
Dandelion - Nature's Super-Herb
Dandelion... Healing with the Help of Nature
Dandelion (Taraxacum Officinale)
Experience the Ultimate Blend of a True Superhero - Order Today
- Dandelion Root (Ground)100% Natural.
- Produced to ecological standards, free from agro-chemicals, non-irradiated and GMO-free.
- Take 1 to 3 grams (1/4 to 3/4 teaspoon) up to twice a day with filtered water, juice or mixed into a smoothie or take it as directed by your Herbalist or healthcare practitioner. Do not exceed the recommended daily intake.
- Tea: Take 1 - 2 grams is added to slightly cooled boiling water.
WARNING: Some people may experience an allergic reaction to Dandelion and related plants. If you are allergic to chamomile, chrysanthemums, marigold, yarrow and the ragweed plant family, dandelion tea may not be right for you. Allergy symptoms seem to occur more often, however, when sensitive people simply touch the weed directly. Contact can cause itching and rash, inflamed eyes, a runny nose or difficulty breathing. If you have any of these side effects after drinking dandelion tea, discontinue use and consult a doctor.
Dandelion has the potential to affect your medications, although this may occur primarily with the leaf of the plant and not the root. For example, Dandelion can make medications leave your body more quickly. People on blood-thinning medications may be at risk for bleeding if they take dandelion, and diabetics may find that the herb lowers their blood sugar. Dandelion may also worsen the side effects of the drug lithium, a treatment for bipolar disorder. Given Dandelion’s numerous potential drug interactions, it's wise to talk to your doctor about drinking Dandelion Root tea.
NOTE: In traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), Dandelion Root has been used to treat stomach problems, appendicitis, and breast problems, such as inflammation or lack of milk flow. In Europe, Dandelion Root was used in remedies for fever, boils, eye problems, diabetes, and diarrhoea.
- Brand: Ancient Purity.
- Size: 200g (7.05 oz).
- Container: Kraft Paper Pouch.
- Storage: Keep in a cool dry place, keep out of reach of children.
- Estimated shelf life from purchase: 2 years.
Dandelion Root Lowdown
When spring approaches, I’m beginning to think about the opportunity of a spring season detox and one of my favourite ancient root is an amazing liver cleanser and spring is the most ideal season for some welcome liver support. According to traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) and Ayurveda, Dandelion Root and Leaves Powder has bitter, sweet, and cooling properties, making it a perfect herbal duo for the pitta dosha (Pitta is bodily energy that is fluid since it combines elements of fire and water. This Dosha governs digestion, metabolism, and transformation in the body.)
Although I use various parts of the Dandelion for healing, here, I’m focusing on the Root and Leaves Powder which is a good blood purifying herb. Ancient Purity Dandelion Root and Leaves Powder is also a useful remedy for stomach aches and numerous herbalists find it to be beneficial for hypoglycemia and high blood pressure. “The Dandelion flower is symbolic and has spiritual meaning too. Dandelion is the symbol of emotional healing. Since they can endure almost any living condition, they represent overcoming every hardship by standing strong and proud. Heat and the power of the sun, Dandelion is a symbol of the sun always encouraging you and giving you strength!”
Dandelion Root Coffee
- 4 cups filtered water.
- 2 tablespoons Ancient Purity Dandelion Root Powder.
- 2 tablespoons ground roasted chicory root.
- 1 cinnamon stick.
- Place water, Dandelion Root Powder, chicory root, and cinnamon stick in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and next simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour coffee into a Shinno Coffee Mug cup through a fine mesh strainer. Those who appreciate pure taste will be impressed and use this as their favourite mug.
- Add coconut milk or heavy cream if desired.
According to ''The Way of Herbs'', Dandelion Root Powder makes a nice beverage that can be taken daily. It combines well with kukicha tea or chicory root. I pair Dandelion Root with chicory which gives this Dandelion Root Coffee a deliciously bitter, coffee-like flavour. You can also add cinnamon sticks because as the flavour and healing properties of cinnamon are powerful. Here are some delicious ways to get the healing Ancient Purity Dandelion Root Powder into your diet.
Iced Dandelion Mocha
- 1½ cups filtered water.
- 1 tablespoon Ancient Purity Dandelion Root Powder.
- 1 tablespoon ground roasted chicory root.
- 1 tablespoon Ancient Purity Raw Cacao Powder.
- ½ cup coconut or almond milk.
- Place water, Dandelion Root, chicory, and cacao in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour coffee through a fine mesh strainer into a one quart mason jar.
- Fill two glasses (2-cup capacity each) with ice from filtered water.
- Pour coffee over ice.
- Add 2 tablespoons coconut milk to each glass.
In terms of sweetening your Iced Dandelion Mocha, you can use a few drops of Ancient Purity Bush Apple Syrup or stevia. I imagine this delicious caffeine-free coffee would also taste incredible with a liitle Wild Forest Honey (Available @Ancient Purity) or a few drops of Ancient Purity Kakadu Plum Syrup in place of the stevia. If you do use one of those natural sweeteners, be sure to add it to the coffee when it’s hot, so that it fully dissolves and doesn’t swirl around uselessly on the bottom of your drink.
Dandelion Root Muffins
- ¾ cup non-dairy milk, unsweetened.
- 1 tablespoon Ancient Purity Dandelion Root Powder.
- 3 cups almond flour.
- ½ cup coconut flour.
- ½ teaspoon Ancient Purity Baking Soda.
- 2 teaspoons baking powder.
- 1 teaspoon organic cinnamon.
- ½ teaspoon Ancient Purity Celtic Sea Salt.
- ½ cup Ancient Purity Extra Virgin Raw Coconut Oil, softened.
- 1 teaspoon Ancient Purity Desert Lime Powder.
- 3 eggs.
- ½ cup raw pecans, roughly chopped.
- Heat the non-dairy milk in a saucepan until hot but not boiling. Remove from heat and pour over Ancient Purity Dandelion Root Powder in a mug or glass measuring cup. Let the tea steep and set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a muffin tin liberally with Ancient Purity Raw Coconut Oil, or alternatively line with muffin cups.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, Ancient Purity Baking Soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and Ancient Purity Celtic Sea Salt. Stir until evenly mixed.
- When it has cooled enough to handle, remove the tea bag from the non-dairy milk and squeeze it to get as much of dandelion root tea out as possible. Then measure out 0.5 cup of the Dandelion Root tea infused milk.
- In a large bowl, combine the softened coconut oil and Desert Lime Powder and mix until combined.
- Add the eggs and 1/2 cup of Dandelion Root tea infused milk and stir until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir to combine well.
- Fill each muffin cup to nearly full then top each one with about one tablespoon of chopped pecans.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of a muffin comes out clean and the pecans are slightly toasted and fragrant.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes before carefully removing.
These paleo and gluten free Dandelion Root muffins have a soft texture that is just perfect! They have a slight coffee-like bitterness from the Dandelion Root tea, but not overpoweringly so, and a touch of sweetness from Ancient Purity Desert Lime Powder. The pecans on top give them a bit of crunch. These are my new favourite muffins for a healthy fall treat!
TIP: Dandelion Root Muffins are delicious served next to a hot mug of roasted Dandelion Root Tea!
Q: Does Dandelion Root and Leaves Powder interact with anything?
A: Medications that slow blood clotting (Anticoagulant / Antiplatelet drugs) interacts with Dandelion. Dandelion Root might slow blood clotting. Taking Dandelion Root and Leaves Powder along with medications that also slow blood clotting might increase the risk of bruising and bleeding.
Q: How does Dandelion Root & Leaves affect my body?
A: It may act as a mild laxative and has been used to improve digestion. Preliminary research suggests that Dandelion Root may help improve liver and gallbladder function.
Q: Is Dandelion Root good for my brain?
A: Dandelion is a botanical with a great ability to support human health. Traditional knowledge and pharmacologic research both indicate that Dandelion supports gastrointestinal health. Recent research also suggests that supplementation with Dandelion Root may also support brain health and metabolic function.
The products and the claims made about specific products, articles and claims made in the articles and information written on or through this site have not been evaluated by Ancient Purity, the MHRA, the FSA or the United States FDA and are not approved to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. The information provided on this site is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging. You should not use the information on this site for diagnosis or treatment of any health problem or for prescription of any medication or other treatment. You should consult with a healthcare professional before starting any diet, exercise or supplementation program, before taking any medication, or if you have or suspect you might have a health problem. Providing a product for sale does not imply Ancient Purity recommendation of that product, its suitability or its efficacy. Ancient Purity cannot give medical opinions. No comment or entry in this site or in any communication from Ancient Purity may be taken as such.
Prices and promotions are subject to change without notice. Customers should always carefully check all the details printed on the package before opening the product. Whilst all efforts are made to ensure accuracy of description, specifications and pricing there may be occasions where errors arise. Should such a situation occur the company cannot accept your order. In the event of a mistake you will be contacted with a full explanation and a corrected offer. The information displayed is considered as an invitation to treat not as a confirmed offer for sale. The contract is confirmed upon supply of goods, Prices and promotions are subject to change without notice.
Please read the Terms and Conditions of using this site, by using the site you are accepting the terms and conditions.
All Material on this site © 2023 Ancient Purity Ltd Registered in England & Wales 07801142 VAT Reg 168 335 488