Bicarbonate of Soda
Ancient Purity Presents Pure Bicarbonate of Soda. Many commercially available brands compromise on quality, sourcing from questionable suppliers and introducing contaminants during processing. Some may add fillers to cut costs, diluting the purity and effectiveness of their product. As always I am using this and want to give it to people so I had to find the cleanest one... Here it is. Sodium Bicarbonate is a salt which breaks down forming bicarbonate and sodium in water. This breakdown creates a solution called alkaline, meaning it is able to neutralise acid. While Bicarbonate of Soda is a substance found in numerous households, it has many different effective ways this product can be used. Ancient Purity Bicarbonate of Soda is a safe and effective essential for your home and is EP/BP/USP Grade. From teeth, to skin to an alkaline drink Bicarbonate of Soda is a multi-purpose product. Keep it in the bathroom, the kitchen or next to your water filter for a morning drink. It is a real classic in natural health, it is not going away, in fact it's getting more popular and respected as time goes on while health products and brands come and go, Pure Bicarbonate of Soda remains...Steady, getting results and supporting natural health. With natural pH neutralising effects, Ancient Purity Bicarbonate of Soda serves a wide variety of purposes, you don't need to mix it with anything else. Aside from preparing food, Bicarbonate of Soda has a variety of additional health benefits and household uses. Make sure to visit our ‘Suggested Use’ section. Our Bicarbonate of Soda is of the best quality available, allowing you to enjoy the benefits without any unwanted extras that may dilute its effectiveness.
- Sodium Bicarbonate
- Food Grade EP/BP/USP
Ancient Purity Bicarbonate of Soda Medical Uses
Bicarbonate of Soda is an antacid used to relieve heartburn and acid indigestion. Your doctor also may prescribe Bicarbonate of Soda to make your blood or urine less acidic in certain conditions. This medication is sometimes prescribed for other uses; ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Bicarbonate of Soda Oral Health
Ancient Purity Bicarbonate of Soda is alkaline, so it can help regulate your mouth's PH by neutralising the acidity. As such, it not only prevents tooth decay but also helps remineralise your enamel. Our Bicarbonate of Soda can also limit plaque buildup by neutralising plaque acids.
Bicarbonate of Soda Household Uses
The following kitchen appliances, items, and surfaces can be cleaned with Ancient Purity Bicarbonate of Soda: ovens, stained coffee cups, stained marble, grease stains, kitchen tiles, clogged drains, tarnished silver and microwaves.
Bicarbonate of Soda Skin Care
To help remove dead skin cells or soothe inflammation, some people include Bicarbonate of Soda in a facial scrub or mask. After using a facial cleanser, mix no more than 2 teaspoons of Bicarbonate of Soda in a small amount of warm water until it forms a paste. This can be applied with your fingertips and massaged into your skin.
Bicarbonate of Soda Foot Soak
Adding Ancient Purity Bicarbonate of Soda to a foot soak can help exfoliate the skin, ease itching, and cleanse the feet. Try adding 3–4 tablespoons of it to a basin full of warm water. Use 2 parts water and 1 part vinegar for a foot soak. The vinegar helps kill bacteria and also reduces foot odour.
WARNING: Do not use Bicarbonate of Soda home remedies for more than a two week period without checking with your healthcare practitioner. Bicarbonate of Soda home remedies may deplete your body of essential minerals and vitamins. It should not be used on a low sodium diet unless under supervision. In some instances, it may interact with prescription drugs, so check first with your pharmacist. Only use baking soda after it's been dissolved in liquid and never consume it in dry powder form. Bicarbonate of Soda should not be used by pregnant or nursing women.
Tell your doctor if you have: pre-existing heart disease, kidney disease, liver disease, high blood pressure, or any allergies. Because this medication contains a large amount of sodium, remind your doctor if you are on a low sodium diet. This medication should be used only if clearly needed during pregnancy. Small amounts of sodium bicarbonate have been found to be present in breast milk. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor even though he or she probably will not be fully aware of the benefits since they have never tried using it as a systemic medicine for chronic diseases like cancer and diabetes.
You may not be able to take Sodium Bicarbonate, or you may require a dosage adjustment or special monitoring during treatment if you are taking any of the medicines listed below.
• Mecamylamine (Inversine)
• Methenamine (Mandelamine)
• Ketoconazole (Nizoral)
• A tetracycline antibiotic such as tetracycline (Sumycin, Achromycin V, and others), demeclocycline (Declomycin), doxycycline (Vibramycin, Monodox, Doxy, and others), minocycline (Minocin, Dynacin, and others), or oxytetracycline (Terramycin, and others)
- Brand: Ancient Purity.
- Size: 500g. (17.64 oz.)
- Container: Kraft Paper Pouch.
- Storage: Keep in a cool dry place, keep out of reach of children.
- Estimated shelf life from purchase: 2 years.
Bicarbonate of Soda Lowdown
Bicarbonate of Soda is an alkali that, when combined with acid, produces carbon dioxide and tiny, fizzy bubbles. Bicarbonate of Soda is used in commercial cake mixes and flours to improve the effectiveness of another ingredient with which it is often combined – baking powder. When mixed with tartaric acid or lemon juice, it acts as a raising agent in baking.
Dark Chocolate & Banana Muffins (Bicarbonate of Soda)
- 75 grams unsalted butter.
- 275 grams almond flour.
- 1 teaspoon Ancient Purity Bicarbonate of Soda.
- 2 teaspoons baking powder.
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- 120 grams coconut sugar.
- 100 grams Dark Chocolate Chunks.
- ¼ teaspoon ground Celtic Sea Salt.
- 2 tablespoon Ancient Purity Hemp Seed Oil, plus extra for greasing.
- 100ml almond milk.
- 1 large free-range egg.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 250 grams ripe banana (about 3 large bananas), mashed.
- Ancient Purity Pumpkin Seeds or chopped Ancient Purity Sandalwood Nuts, for decorating (optional).
- Preheat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7 and grease a 12-hole muffin tin using a little of the oil (or line the holes with paper cases).
- Melt the butter in a microwave or small saucepan then leave to cool for a couple of minutes.
- Combine the flour, Ancient Purity Bicarbonate of Soda, baking powder, cinnamon, coconut sugar, dark chocolate chips and Celtic Sea Salt in a large bowl.
- Place the melted butter, oil, almond milk, egg and vanilla in a separate large bowl and whisk until well mixed. Stir in the mashed banana and then tip into the bowl of dry ingredients.
- Fold together gently with a big metal spoon or spatula until all the flour is just wet but before the mixture becomes smooth – do not over mix.
- Divide the mixture between the holes in the muffin tin. Top with the seeds or nuts, if using. Bake for 13–15 minutes until golden on top and a skewer poked into the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack and eat slightly warm or at room temperature. They can also be stored in an airtight container for up to two days or in the freezer for up to two months.
Banana and Real Chocolate is an ever-popular combination, and these muffins can be ready in just 20 minutes to satisfy your sweet cravings.
TIP: If you just can’t wait for your bananas to ripen up to make these moreish muffins, simply put them in the freezer overnight. After they have defrosted, they will be perfectly soft and squishy for baking with. Slightly older muffins are delicious when refreshed in a microwave for 5–10 seconds.
Granny’s Easy Fruit Cake (Bicarbonate of Soda)
- 450 grams self-raising flour.
- 125 grams coconut sugar.
- 1 teaspoon baking powder.
- 1 teaspoon mixed spices.
- A pinch Ancient Purity Celtic Sea Salt.
- 125 grams unsalted butter.
- 450 grams mixed fruit and peel.
- 1 teaspoon Ancient Purity Bicarbonate of Soda.
- 250ml plant milk.
- Preheat the oven to gas 150C/300F/Gas 2.
- Grease and line a 1.4kg/3lb loaf tin.
- In a bowl sift together the flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, mixed spice and Celtic Sea Salt.
- Rub in the butter and then fold in the mixed fruit.
- Stir the Bicarbonate of Soda into the milk then add to the mix and stir until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the loaf tin and place in the oven for 1hr 45 minutes.
- Keep an eye on the cake and cover it with a sheet of foil if it’s getting too dark.
- Allow to cool a little and then turn out.
- Serve in slices with some unsalted butter.
TIP: Making the cake even more fruity, sprinkle some Ancient Purity Ultimate Super-Fruit Blend over it. Yummie!
Healthy Bicarbonate of Soda Lemonade
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice.
- 1 teaspoon Ancient Purity Bicarbonate of Soda.
- 1 cup filtered water.
- Find your favourite Drinking ‘Energy’ Glass.
- Add Ancient Purity Bicarbonate of Soda & lemon juice into it.
- Enjoy their interaction.
- Then add 1 cup of filtered water to calm situation.
- Drink immediately.
Your body is your biggest abundance. So, enjoy this Lemonade recipe which can be made in just 3 minutes. Ancient Purity Bicarbonate of Soda alkalises your body, reduces inflammation, it may help prevent kidney stones, can be used as mouth wash and to whiten your teeth.
Q: Can you explain about using baking soda as a deodorant?
A: Sure! I use the following recipe and this really does it for me. You have to mix 1 part baking soda with 6 parts of corn starch that can act as an antiperspirant to keep you dry. For more sensitive and dry skin, mix 1 part baking soda with 2 parts coconut butter or shea butter.
Q: Somebody at my work told me that baking soda is good for cleaning. Can you give some cleaning tips?
A: Excellent question! Yes, it is a very good cleaning tool. I don’t know where to start as there are so many uses. Use it to clean your dishwasher cleaner by sprinkling baking soda in your dishwasher’s bottom and run as usual to help freshen and remove stains. Veggie and fruit wash, mix water, lemon juice and baking soda for wiping fruits and veggies to remove wax. You can use it as a silverware polisher. Make a paste with 3 parts baking soda, 1 part water. Rub paste onto silverware with a clean cloth. Rinse and dry. It is a good insect repellent too. Keep cockroaches and ants at bay by sprinkling a line of baking soda along basement windows and doorways.
Q: How you use this stuff against bad breath?
A: Mix 1 teaspoon baking soda in ½ glass of water. Gargle, swish, spit and rinse.
Q: Is sodium bicarbonate bad for nature?
A: No data shows bicarbonate soda to have negative effects on the environment.
Q: What is baking soda? Where does it come from?
A: True baking soda is a naturally occurring mineral found in evaporated lake beds. Its history of use dates back at least as far as the ancient Egyptians who would use it for mummification, medicinal purposes, personal hygiene, and household tasks. In its natural form, it is called nahcolite.
The products and the claims made about specific products, articles and claims made in the articles and information written on or through this site have not been evaluated by Ancient Purity, the MHRA, the FSA or the United States FDA and are not approved to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. The information provided on this site is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging. You should not use the information on this site for diagnosis or treatment of any health problem or for prescription of any medication or other treatment. You should consult with a healthcare professional before starting any diet, exercise or supplementation program, before taking any medication, or if you have or suspect you might have a health problem. Providing a product for sale does not imply Ancient Purity recommendation of that product, its suitability or its efficacy. Ancient Purity cannot give medical opinions. No comment or entry in this site or in any communication from Ancient Purity may be taken as such.
Prices and promotions are subject to change without notice. Customers should always carefully check all the details printed on the package before opening the product. Whilst all efforts are made to ensure accuracy of description, specifications and pricing there may be occasions where errors arise. Should such a situation occur the company cannot accept your order. In the event of a mistake you will be contacted with a full explanation and a corrected offer. The information displayed is considered as an invitation to treat not as a confirmed offer for sale. The contract is confirmed upon supply of goods, Prices and promotions are subject to change without notice.
Please read the Terms and Conditions of using this site, by using the site you are accepting the terms and conditions.
All Material on this site © 2024 Ancient Purity Ltd Registered in England & Wales 07801142 VAT Reg 168 335 488