Bush Apple Syrup
Ancient Purity Bush Apple Syrup... A trans-formative, Life-Giving, Indigenous Wonder of Oceania! Found in Australia and Papua New Guinea, this Syrup will capture your imagination, heart and senses with its incredible taste and the journey across worlds to reach you. Expensive, luxury and thoroughly worth it, reminiscent of Pomegranate and full of Vitamin C, experience it exclusively in the UK and Europe from Ancient Purity. Jam-packed with antioxidants, our naturally sugar free Bush Apple Syrup has a rose-like taste and gentle sweetness, delicious and healthy in sorbets, apple pies, chutneys, ice-creams and smoothies. In old times the Aboriginal people would follow the bush foods, moving from rainforest to the floodplains and from seaside to creeks. When the Bush Apples were flowering, it was a sign for them to move there…
A Rare & Nutritious Treat... Bush Apple Syrup
Golden Elixirs / Delicious Syrups
Revered & Enjoyed in Indigenous Cultures since Ancient Times...
Experience the Wondrous Taste of Bush Apple Syrup - Order Today
- Bush Apple.
- Glycerol (Coconut).
- Pure Water.
- Citric Acid and Ascorbic Acid.
NOTE: Each 1ml contain extract equivalent to 500mg fresh plant.
Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
- What would you get when crossing a pomegranate with an apple? A Bush Apple! Also called 'Djarduk', the Bush Apple's juice has long been used for its medicinal qualities in soothing a sore throat. We at Ancient Purity think its tangy and tart taste makes this special syrup a great antioxidant-rich addition to many sweet treats!
- TIP: Make sure to visit our Bush Apple 'Recipes' Section!
- As a "Health Syrup" Ancient Purity Bush Apple Syrup can be used to alleviate coughs, sore throats and chest congestion.
- Take a teaspoon up to 3 times daily.
- As a Healthy Treat, add to desserts, yoghurts, smoothies, sorbets ice creams, jams, chutneys, fruit crumbles, pastries and cordials.
- Add a shot of vodka or gin for a next-level cocktail!
- Can be used to sweeten coffee & tea.
Bush Apple Syrup Glazed Chicken with Cider Sauce
Ingredients (4 -6 servings)
• 1 whole chicken.
• 2 carrots, chopped.
• 1 large onion, chopped.
• 2 stalks celery, chopped.
• 3 apples, cut into halves or quarters.
• Extra Virgin Olive Oil for brushing
• To taste Ancient Purity Old Man Saltbush & Ancient Purity Mountain Pepper Leaf
• 125 ml (0.5 cup) Cataphard Orchards & Ancient Purity Apple Syrup.
• 2 tablespoons butter.
• 1 shallot, minced.
• 60 ml Ancient Purity Apple Cider Vinegar.
• 3 tablespoons Cataphard Orchards & Ancient Purity Bush Apple Syrup.
• 1 cup veal stock
• To taste Ancient Purity Celtic Sea Salt & pepper.
• Preheat oven to 350°F.
• Brush chicken with Extra Virgin Biodynamic Olive Oil (Available @Ancient Purity) and season.
• Cut vegetables and place them in a roasting pan.
• Place chicken on top of vegetables.
• Place in oven and roast for 1.5-2 hours.
• Baste chicken every half hour with Ancient Bush Apple Syrup.
• 30 minutes before it’s ready, spread apple pieces around chicken.
• Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
• During this time, retrieve cooking juices and mix with Bush Apple Syrup.
• Serve with cooked apples, celeriac mash & sauce.
TIP: For crispier skin, separate the chicken skin from the breast meat by carefully sliding your fingers in between. Spread butter under the skin and cook as explained above.
Grilled Peach Salad with Rosemary-Prosciutto & Bush Apple Syrup
Ingredients (4 servings)
• 4 peaches, pitted and cut into halves. (You can also use 1.5 cups of dried Ancient Purity Quandong Halve Peaches).
• 60 ml Cataphard Orchards & Ancient Purity Bush Apple Syrup.
• 8 slices, thinly-sliced prosciutto.
• 8 sprigs Rosemary (remove some leaves to use as a skewer).
• Take the Peach Halves and brush them with Ancient Purity Bush Apple Syrup.
• Roll each in a slice of prosciutto.
• Secure with a sprig of rosemary.
• In a non-stick frying pan, brown each side for 2 – 3 minutes.
• Serve on a bed of lettuce and drizzle with Bush Apple Syrup.
TIP: An excellent complement to grilled meats (beef, lamb, poultry, fish, seafood). Don’t overcook the fruit but let it remain firm. The sweetness of the Peach Halves and Bush Apple Syrup mixed with the saltiness of the prosciutto is a divine taste combination!
Bush Apple Syrup & White Wine Turkey Bolognaise Sauce
• 45 ml Extra Virgin Biodynamic Olive Oil (Available @Ancient Purity).
• 2 kg ground turkey.
• 3 very large red or Spanish onions, cut into small cubes.
• 16 cloves garlic, finely minced.
• 4 cans Italian tomatoes, 798 ml.
• 500 ml white wine.
• 80 ml Cataphard Orchards & Ancient Purity Apple Syrup.
• 6 - 8 leaves bay leaf.
• 15 grams dried oregano.
• 15 grams Herbes de Provence
• 20 leaves fresh basil.
• 15 grams crushed chilli peppers.
• To taste freshly ground Celtic Sea Salt & pepper.
• Season turkey with Celtic Sea Salt and pepper. Mix well.
• In a large pot, heat Extra Virgin Biodynamic Olive Oil.
• Brown turkey until redness disappears and all large pieces of meat have been separated. Remove from heat.
• Set aside.
• Sauté onions and garlic in the cooking juices until slightly golden. • Return meat to pot.
• Douse with wine and add tomatoes (crush them well with your hands).
• Add the remaining ingredients.
• Stir well and let simmer gently for approximately 2 hours.
• Adjust seasoning as required.
• Serve on durum pasta…delectable!
TIP: Ancient Purity Bush Apple Syrup balances the acidity of the recipe while adding a subtly sweet and creamy taste to the sauce. It’s a perfect combination! It is excellent as a pizza sauce, in a hot sandwich or to accompany grilled meats. Freezes well. Practical for a quick supper – always have some on hand!
- Brand: Ancient Purity.
- Size: 100ml. (3.38 fl. oz.)
- Container: Miron Glass Bottle.
- Estimated shelf life from purchase: 1-2 years.
- Storage: Keep in fridge once opened.
Q: Where do Bush Apples grow?
A: Bush Apples (Syzygium suborbiculare), often known as Djarduk, are members of the lilly pilly family. It is a small, under storey tree found across open forests and woodlands of Northern Australia and grows to a height of 4 to 20 metres. The rest of Australia is starting to discover this native fruit.
Q: When was the first commercial harvest of this native fruit?
A: The first commercial harvest of Bush Apples was in 2017 and their season runs from roughly October to January.
The products and the claims made about specific products, articles and claims made in the articles and information written on or through this site have not been evaluated by Ancient Purity, the MHRA, the FSA or the United States FDA and are not approved to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. The information provided on this site is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging. You should not use the information on this site for diagnosis or treatment of any health problem or for prescription of any medication or other treatment. You should consult with a healthcare professional before starting any diet, exercise or supplementation program, before taking any medication, or if you have or suspect you might have a health problem. Providing a product for sale does not imply Ancient Purity recommendation of that product, its suitability or its efficacy. Ancient Purity cannot give medical opinions. No comment or entry in this site or in any communication from Ancient Purity may be taken as such.
Prices and promotions are subject to change without notice. Customers should always carefully check all the details printed on the package before opening the product. Whilst all efforts are made to ensure accuracy of description, specifications and pricing there may be occasions where errors arise. Should such a situation occur the company cannot accept your order. In the event of a mistake you will be contacted with a full explanation and a corrected offer. The information displayed is considered as an invitation to treat not as a confirmed offer for sale. The contract is confirmed upon supply of goods, Prices and promotions are subject to change without notice.
Please read the Terms and Conditions of using this site, by using the site you are accepting the terms and conditions.
All Material on this site © 2014 Ancient Purity Ltd Registered in England & Wales 07801142 VAT Reg 168 335 488