For optimal gut health, you need two different types of good bacteria: Reconditioning probiotic spores, or Soil-Based Organisms (SBOs), to condition your gut and support the growth of good bacteria, and reseeding probiotics.
For optimal gut health, you need 2 types of good bacteria: Reconditioning probiotic spores, or Soil-Based Organisms (SBOs), to condition your gut and support the growth of good bacteria, and reseeding probiotics. Think of it like a garden… The spores act as the gardener. Like any good gardener, they pull weeds, detoxify the soil and replenish its energy and nutrient content. Spore probiotics provide a healthy foundation and growth medium. Then you need seeds. Reseeding probiotics provide the new seeds to replace the good plants in your garden that wither due to a lack of proper soil nutrients, or assaults like harsh chemicals and herbicides
We need both for our garden to thrive, and so does our gut. Soil-based organisms (SBOs) are bacteria spores that work in your gut much like the gardener. Spores provide key “reconditioning” strains of bacteria that help protect and recondition your gut flora, and prepare it for the introduction of probiotics. They help your microbiome recover from on-going assaults by fluoridated and chlorinated water, stress, medications, processed foods and refined sugars, EMFs, and pollution. Our ancestors’ diets included these bacteria spores, but today people avoid touching dirt and thoroughly scrub their vegetables to remove all traces of soil along with their naturally occurring organisms. Complete Spore Restore includes 4 outstanding soil-based spores or spore biotics and a prebiotic organic blend of 3 highly valued mushroom mycelium.
Complete Spore Restore
- Improve the condition of your microbiome and gut integrity.
- Promote tight junctions in your gut epithelial lining.
- Support a normal inflammatory response in your gut and body.
- Enhance digestion and absorption of nutrients.
- Lower the pH in your gut to promote the growth of beneficial bacteria.
- Support your body’s immune function.
- Reduce unwanted biofilm effects to help fight pathogenic bacteria.
- Support your GI tract’s detoxification processes.
- Boost the production of short-chain fatty acids by as much as 40%.
- Enhance the benefits of other quality Probiotics.
Mother nature produces bacterial spores as a means to survive extreme environmental conditions and to exist long-term in conditions that might normally kill the bacteria. The complex spore-forming process takes about eight hours. It involves the buildup of layers surrounding the bacteria core, ending with outer protein-like layers known as the spore coat. Different from regular probiotics, spore-forming bacteria offer four major advantages over non-spore-forming probiotics such as Lactobacillus in your gut: Spores can survive the low pH of the gastric barrier to deliver the entire dosage to your small intestine (not the case for all Lactobacillus species). Spores resist breakdown from enzymes, solvents, and hydrogen peroxide as they travel to your small intestine. Spores are heat-stable, so the product can be stored at room temperature without losing any potency or effectiveness. Certain spores are antibiotic-resistant, which means you can take them while using antibiotics to help support your healthy microbiome When the spores reach your small intestines and are exposed to the right nutrients, they germinate. This process, which takes just a few minutes, allows water to enter the spore and break down and remove the spore coats. Freed of its protective layers, the beneficial probiotics can resume cell growth inside your body. Here’s what I’d like you to keep in mind about spores and regular probiotics: They’re notinterchangeable as they perform different functions in your gut. To truly optimise the health of your microbiome, you need both.
A healthy microbiome contains two different types of bacteria...Bacteria from your Mum (and Dad to a lesser degree) during the birthing process, breast-feeding and close interactions with friend and family shortly after birth. These include the commonly used probiotic species lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium. These organisms are essential for your body’s functioning and control its many biochemical reactions. The typical western lifestyle causes significant harm to these bacteria, which can lead to dysbiosis, or an imbalance of microbes. Transient organisms from the natural environment. These microbes are key “reconditioning” probiotics. They are introduced into your microbiome through environmental exposure in the form of spore organisms. These important bacteria perform critical housekeeping functions in your gut. They’re sometimes referred to as the “gut police” because they take care of the condition of your gut and support the growth of good bacteria. Think of these two categories of bacteria as “reconditioning” and “reseeding.” Environmental bacterial spores condition your gut and ready it for reseeding by beneficial bacteria from fermented vegetables or probiotic supplements. We’ve talked about how everyday living conditions and lifestyle can easily disrupt your delicate microbial balance and gut lining integrity. And we’ve explored how by avoiding dirt and focusing too much on sanitation, we sidestep and destroy the environmental organisms so crucial to your gut health.
Dr Mercola Products in the UK from Ancient Purity
Factors that can negatively effect our Gut Health
The health of your microbiome depends on having the proper balance between beneficial bacteria and potentially pathogenic bacteria, as well as the health and integrity of your gut lining. When your microbiome falls out of balance or loses its diversity, or your gut lining becomes compromised, it can impact many processes in your body and your risk of chronic disease.
Antibiotics: Most antibiotics can alter your gut microbial balance. Whether you’re taking antibiotics right now, just finished a course last week or took them years ago, the well-being of your microbiome may be compromised. Included are the antibiotics hidden in food, especially factory-farmed meats and conventional dairy products.
Heartburn pills: A British study on twins suggests that proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) taken for heartburn can alter your gut flora. An additional 2015 study confirms differences observed in PPI users versus non-users are associated with changes towards a less healthy gut microbiome.
Fluoridated and chlorinated water: The chlorine in chlorinated tap water can potentially destroy both the bad bacteria and the good, friendly bacteria in your gut. The same is true for fluoride.
Processed and refined sugars: The chlorine in chlorinated tap water can potentially destroy both the bad bacteria and the good, friendly bacteria in One of the fastest ways to create an imbalance – and feed the bad guys – is to eat too much sugar and non-fiber carbohydrates. Few things fertilize and speed up the growth of pathogenic microbes faster than sugars!
Processed, refined foods: Processed foods, including pasteurized milk, can harm your good bacteria. Eating the typical Western diet of processed foods produces a profoundly different microbiome than one high in vegetables and fiber.
Bioengineered foods, pesticides and other agricultural chemicals: Certain genetically engineered foods and even some non-GMO foods that are not organic, like wheat, can contain glyphosate, an agricultural herbicide that’s been shown to target and destroy good gut bacteria. Conventionally raised animals are typically fed bioengineered grains, such as GE corn.
NSAIDs (Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs): Certain popular over-the-counter painkillers can damage cell membranes and your gut lining, and harm healthy gut flora.
Stress: Stress affects your gut in a number of ways including hindering the production of enzymes and absorption of nutrients, and reducing oxygen levels and blood flow. Plus, it can impact the functioning of your entire GI tract, including your gut flora.
Pollution: Airborne particulate matter from car exhaust, home furnaces, and industry, as well as livestock emissions travel from your lungs to your intestines, and can alter your gut bacteria and your intestinal barrier. It can contaminate the food and water supply, leading to further injury of your gut bacteria.
The Good Bacteria
Bacillus – Nature’s Original Spore Probiotic That Benefitted Even Dinosaurs...Because our ancestors were hunters and gatherers and ate off the land, much of their diet was teeming with environmental bacteria. These strains of bacteria were able to survive in the outside environment, and they were able to pass through the acidic gastric system and end up thriving in the intestines. After thousands of years of exposure, humans have actually come to require these specialized strains for proper, healthy function of many of our biological systems!
The most well-known, well-studied and widely used spore probiotics are from the bacillusspecies – in particular bacillus subtilis, bacillus clausii and bacillus coagulans. You won’t find these spore probiotics in foods, as our modern sterilized food systems have eliminated these critical species from our diets.
So where can you find them? Originally thought of as “soil organisms,” studies show they are actually digestive tract organisms that use the soil to transfer themselves from host to host. Bacillus species are very abundant in the environment and data suggests they spanned the globe thousands of years ago. While bacteria are known to mutate very quickly, the bacillus subtilis species has remained the same for tens of thousands of years – proof of how resistant bacillus is as an environmental probiotic!
Bacillus species, including bacillus subtilis, bacillus clausii and bacillus coagulans have been shown in research to:
- Train the immune system to support a healthy normal inflammatory and immune response*
- Support digestion and assimilation of food and nutrients*
- Support detoxification processes of your GI tract*
- Support your GI defenses against invading species and bacterial overgrowth, including your small intestine*
- Produce key nutrients at the site of absorption to maximize bioavailability*
Bacillus spore probiotics produce vitamins, enzymes, carotenoid antioxidants, and some very valuable fats.
Complete Spore Restore Soil Based Probiotics
Short-Chain Fatty Acids – Vital Nutrient for a Healthy Gut
Some researchers believe short-chain fatty acids (SCFAs) may be the most importantnutrient for a healthy gut and microbiome. SCFAs are fatty acids produced by your gut microbiota as fermentation products from unabsorbed food in your small intestine. What sets them apart from other fatty acids is their unique structure: Fewer than six carbons in straight and branched-chain configurations. The most abundant SCFAs are acetic acid (C2), propionic acid (C3), and butyric acid (C4). They comprise as much as 95% of the SCFAs in your colon. SCFAs play important roles in the health of your microbiome and gut:
- Support healthy blood flow and fluid and electrolyte uptake*
- Promotes healthy intestinal permeability, helps heal your gut and keeps your gut wall sealed*
- Promotes the production of immune cells*
- Increases fat metabolism*
- Supports the growth of beneficial organisms (lactobacillus and bifidobacter)*
- Helps promote a healthy normal gut and systemic inflammatory response*
In recent years, propionic and butyric acids have received the most attention for a very good reason: Low levels of these are connected with inflammatory processes in your body. The highest concentration of butyrate in your body is in your gut. This short-chain fatty acid is an important energy source for your intestinal cells. If levels of butyrate run low – or are diminished – intestinal cells die. Butyrate also plays key roles in supporting digestive health and a normal inflammatory response in your gut. Diet does not provide a reliable, absorbable source of SCFAs, so you must depend on key gut bacteria to produce SCFAs (especially butyrate) for your microbiome.
Complete Spore Restore provides 4 outstanding soil-based spore probiotics:
- Most widely used probiotic in the world.
- Research-proven to be a potent immune stimulator*.
- Antibiotic resistant for use during antibiotic treatment, so spores remain stable in the presence of antibiotics.
- Research shows it promotes a healthy inflammatory response in the intestines as well as supporting a healthy immune response*.
- Can exist in anaerobic conditions like your gut.
- May improve gluten sensitivity*.
- Helps balance your intestinal microflora and promote optimal health*.
- Produces several different antimicrobial compounds to support a healthy bacterial balance in the gut*.
- This specific subtilis promotes a positive environment for the growth of beneficial bacteria*.
- Produces nattokinase (the key compound in Japanese natto) and vitamin K2.
- Highly important for immune development as it germinates in the small intestine*.
- Widely used and considered safe (GRAS – Generally Regarded As Safe).
- Increases SCFA production in the gut by over 40 percent to support reconditioning of your gut and microbiome*.
- Secretes a bacteriocin, Coagulin, which has activity against a broad spectrum of microbes*.
- Produces L+ optical form of lactic acid that has a greater effect on immune stimulation and gut defense*.
- Potent immune stimulator*.
- Supports digestive and urinary tract health, as well as nutrient absorption*.
- Intensively studied with long history of use for gut concerns and normal inflammatory response*.
Complete Spore Restore is designed to work together with Complete Probiotics. Here’s how they work with one another in effortless harmony...
Complete Spore Restore
Complete Spore Restore Acts Like a Conscientious Gardener in a Lush, Dense Garden… And Complete Probiotics Provides the Seeds
Imagine for a moment a lush, bountiful garden, filled with thousands of different plants. All the plants work together to keep the garden vibrantly healthy. Over time, this garden, like many real-life gardens, experiences assaults that challenge its well-being: Weeds, dousings with herbicides and other harsh chemicals, and a lack of proper soil nutrients. I paint this picture for one reason – to show you how my Complete Probiotics and Complete Spore Restore work together in your gut:
- Complete Spore Restore acts as the gardener. Like any good gardener, it would pull weeds from the garden, detoxify the soil, and replenish the soil’s energy and nutrient content. This is like how it functions in your gut!*
- Complete Probiotics provides the new seeds to replace the good plants in your garden (or, in the case of your gut, reseeds new beneficial bacteria). New bacteria can only be as healthy as its foundation and growth medium.
A good gardener leaves the garden when its work is completed, and that is exactly what Complete Spore Restore does in your gut. Providing key “reconditioning” strains of spore biotics designed by nature to be transient, it helps protect and recondition your gut flora during its time there.* Because it leaves your gut when its work is finished, you need new reconditioning strains every day to provide daily, ongoing care. That’s why it’s ideal to take Complete Spore Restore along with Complete Probioticsevery day!
Added in... A unique Organic Mushroom Blend for Natural Prebiotics
Researchers have discovered that probiotics work more effectively when you include prebiotics. Prebiotics, or non-digestible food ingredients, stimulate the growth and activity of the beneficial bacteria in your gut, and help improve the health of your microbiome.* Mushrooms are one of my favorite forms of prebiotics because they offer so many potential benefits. Certain mushrooms contain high levels of a prebiotic substance called Beta-glucans, a non-digestible oligosaccharide that feeds your good bacteria and promotes valuable health benefits.* As part of my Complete Spore Restore, my special Organic Mushroom Blend contains three highly valued mushroom mycelium:
- Lion’s Mane (Hericium erinaceus) – Helps regenerate your intestinal epithelium or lining, preventing its breakdown and loss of integrity*
- Shiitake (Lentinus edodes) – Has a beneficial, modulating effect on immune function and protective qualities for your GI tract*
- Turkey Tail (Trametes versicolor) – Contains two polysaccharide complexes that are gaining a great deal of scientific attention for their ability to enhance immune status*
The mycelium part of the mushroom is the part you don’t see, below the ground. I’ve chosen to use the mycelium in this product because it more closely mimics the underground environment in which the spores thrive. Mushrooms are also a rare source of ergothioneine, an unusual sulfur-containing derivative of the amino acid histidine. This “master antioxidant” may play a very important role in protecting your cellular DNA from oxidative damage.
Is Complete Spore Restore for You
Because your gut needs both kinds of probiotics – spore probiotics and reseeding probiotics, I believe many people will benefit from taking both Complete Spore Restore and Complete Probiotics especially if you have a compromised gut or if any of these situations apply to you:
- You’ve taken antibiotics any time during the last two years
- You’ve had surgery or a hospital stay within the last two years
- You’ve travelled to another country in recent months (your microbiome can change in as little as 24 hours!)
As long as you have a good source of probiotics in your diet, such as high-quality fermented vegetables, Complete Spore Restore can be a suitable “stand alone” product. Keep in mind, Complete Spore Restore is a gut reconditioner, not a full-spectrum probiotic. That’s why I recommend taking it along with Complete Probiotics. Pairing Complete Spore Restore with some of my other products may provide even more benefits:
- Psyllium to reduce gas by as much as 50 percent*
- Protein Powder (any of my products will work) to reduce ammonia*
- Digestive Enzymes to enhance absorption of nutrients*
No refrigeration is required, you can take them with you wherever you go!
Experience pre/probiotic Benefits - Order Today
- Take one capsule daily with food, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
- Brand: Mercola.
- Form: Capsules.
- Quantity: 30.
- Dosage: 1 daily.
- Container: Glass jar.
- Storage: Keep in a cool dry place, keep out of reach of children.
- Estimated shelf life from purchase: 1 - 2 years.
The products and the claims made about specific products, articles and claims made in the articles and information written on or through this site have not been evaluated by Ancient Purity, the MHRA, the FSA or the United States FDA and are not approved to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. The information provided on this site is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging. You should not use the information on this site for diagnosis or treatment of any health problem or for prescription of any medication or other treatment. You should consult with a healthcare professional before starting any diet, exercise or supplementation program, before taking any medication, or if you have or suspect you might have a health problem. Providing a product for sale does not imply Ancient Purity recommendation of that product, its suitability or its efficacy. Ancient Purity cannot give medical opinions. No comment or entry in this site or in any communication from Ancient Purity may be taken as such.
Prices and promotions are subject to change without notice. Customers should always carefully check all the details printed on the package before opening the product. Whilst all efforts are made to ensure accuracy of description, specifications and pricing there may be occasions where errors arise. Should such a situation occur the company cannot accept your order. In the event of a mistake you will be contacted with a full explanation and a corrected offer. The information displayed is considered as an invitation to treat not as a confirmed offer for sale. The contract is confirmed upon supply of goods, Prices and promotions are subject to change without notice.
Please read the Terms and Conditions of using this site, by using the site you are accepting the terms and conditions.
All Material on this site © 2014 Ancient Purity Ltd Registered in England & Wales 07801142 VAT Reg 168 335 488