Quandong Peach a weird name, an extraordinary flavour! These glossy, sweet peach plums are jam-packed with protein, iron, complex oils and zinc. While they can be eaten straight off the tree, we’re supplying as native dried fruit, to add to fruit salads, juices, desserts, chutney or cakes. Yummy! Traditionally a pivotal source of food for Indigenous Australians, this native fruit features abundantly in Aboriginal mythology throughout Australia’s deserts. Rich in protein, Vitamin C and other antioxidants, Quandongs were considered an ideal meat substitute, particularly during times when meat was scarce. Historically valued equally as a medicine and food, this tantalising big fruit is so appreciated by desert tribes that whether in season or not, it is difficult to locate a tree that doesn’t have a makeshift ladder propped up against the trunk to help with the fruit collection by adoring enthusiasts! This sweet dried fruit with a balancing slightly salty and sour aftertaste and a mild scent of dry lentils with some earthy fermented touches. You simply have to experience this powerhouse fruit! Add boiling (Pure) water to a cup for a delicious Fruit Tea.
The 'Wild Pear' of the Bush
Quandong ‘Wild Peach’ Features Heavily in Aboriginal Mythology
Quandong Peach.... A Bush Superfood
Trusted for Generations... Quandong Peach
Ancient Purity Brought into the Now
In Modern Day... Quandong & Davidson Plum Pancakes
Experience the Mythical Bush SuperFruit - Order Today
- Air Dried Quandong Peach 100% Natural.
- Produced to ecological standards, free from agro-chemicals, non-irradiated and GMO-free.
- Can be eaten on their own.
- Add a couple of pieces to a Fruit Mix, Curry or Smoothie.
- To make a fruity Tea add some boiling water for 10 minutes.
Also known as the native peach or desert peach, Quandong stands above so many others as one of my favourite native fruits. Quandong for many Indigenous nations is an ancient and sacred fruit. It has a pleasant sweet-acid taste and firm texture. Ancient Purity Quandong Peaches are a rich antioxidant and a high source of vitamins and minerals.
Aussie Quandong Peach Cake
• 1 cup dried Quandong Peach.
• 1 orange, roughly chopped.
• 370 grams sorbitol.
• 180 grams Grass-Fed Ghee, at room temperature.
• 3 large eggs, at room temperature.
• 350 grams whole-wheat flour.
• Some icing sugar, to dust.
• Preheat oven to 200C/180˚C fan-forced. Grease a 20cm round cake pan.
• Place Ancient Purity Quandong Peach-Halves, orange, sorbitol and Ghee in a food processor and process until Quandong is finely chopped and mixture is combined.
• Add eggs, 1 at a time, processing until combined between each addition. The mixture may appear split, but will come together at a later stage. Transfer to a large bowl. Sift whole-wheat flour over batter and fold until just combined.
• Pour into prepared pan and bake in centre of the oven for 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
• Cool cake in pan for 10 minutes.
• Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
• Dust with tiny bit snow or icing sugar.
Steamed Bream, Desert Peach & Fish Broth (Quandong Peach)
• 1 whole fish (any white fish would do the job.)
• 50 grams Ancient Purity Quandong Peach Halves.
• ½ onion.
• 2 cloves garlic minced.
• 500ml fish stock.
• 250ml filtered water.
• 3cm length ginger.
• 3 Finger Limes, sliced.
• 2 teaspoons Ancient Purity Old Man Saltbush.
• 1 tablespoon anise myrtle.
• 2 teaspoons wattleseed.
• 3 Lemon myrtle leaves.
• 1 teaspoon Ancient Purity Mountain Pepper Leaf.
• Coriander roots.
• Celtic Sea Salt and pepper to season.
• Biodynamic Olive Oil (Available @Ancient Purity.)
• Preheat oven to 180*C.
• Line 2 baking tray with baking paper.
• Have an additional baking sheet on hand with another sheet of paper.
• Fillet fish and remove skin.
• Place fillets on baking paper on a baking tray individually.
• Season with Ancient Purity Old Man Saltbush and Ancient Purity Mountain Pepper Leaf.
• Fold paper over fish to create a loose parcel.
• Place in oven and cook for about 15 minutes or until just cooked – note that this will vary for different sized fish, so you are on your own with this one!
• On the second tray, place the flattened fish skin.
• Sprinkle with Celtic Sea Salt and drizzle with olive oil.
• Cover with baking paper and place another baking tray on top.
• Place in the oven for 20mins or until crisp.
• Heat olive oil in pot, add onion and garlic.
• Cook until onion is transparent.
• Chop fish carcass into pieces.
• Add bones to pot and brown.
• Once bones are caramelised add fish stock, and all remaining ingredients – reserving 1 finger lime by half.
• Simmer to reduce by half.
• Strain broth through chinois.
• Reserve broth and Quandong Peach Halves.
• Julienne Quandongs.
• Decant broth into a serving jug.
Place steamed fish in the middle of a bowl. Top with sliced Quandong Peaches from broth, sliced finger limes and coriander leaved. Pour broth around the fish. Now Enjoy this Aussie Outback Fish!
- Brand: Ancient Purity.
- Size: 80g (2.82 oz.).
- Origin: Australia.
- Package: Heat-sealed, foil-lined, kraft paper pouch.
- Storage: Keep in sealed. Store in a cool dry place, out of sunlight. Must be kept dry, not allowing moisture in.
- Estimated shelf life from purchase: 1-2 years.
The products and the claims made about specific products, articles and claims made in the articles and information written on or through this site have not been evaluated by Ancient Purity, the MHRA, the FSA or the United States FDA and are not approved to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. The information provided on this site is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging. You should not use the information on this site for diagnosis or treatment of any health problem or for prescription of any medication or other treatment. You should consult with a healthcare professional before starting any diet, exercise or supplementation program, before taking any medication, or if you have or suspect you might have a health problem. Providing a product for sale does not imply Ancient Purity recommendation of that product, its suitability or its efficacy. Ancient Purity cannot give medical opinions. No comment or entry in this site or in any communication from Ancient Purity may be taken as such.
Prices and promotions are subject to change without notice. Customers should always carefully check all the details printed on the package before opening the product. Whilst all efforts are made to ensure accuracy of description, specifications and pricing there may be occasions where errors arise. Should such a situation occur the company cannot accept your order. In the event of a mistake you will be contacted with a full explanation and a corrected offer. The information displayed is considered as an invitation to treat not as a confirmed offer for sale. The contract is confirmed upon supply of goods, Prices and promotions are subject to change without notice.
Please read the Terms and Conditions of using this site, by using the site you are accepting the terms and conditions.
All Material on this site © 2014 Ancient Purity Ltd Registered in England & Wales 07801142 VAT Reg 168 335 488