Inca (Golden) Berries
The Inca "Golden" Berry a Protein rich SuperFruit a staple Andean crop of health and longevity. Packed full of nature’s nutrients, Inca berries have been eaten there for centuries as a folk medicine. Grown without the use of any pesticides, unlike many other dried fruits, Inca Berries are preservative free.
Ancient Purity invite you on the Inca Trail, to find and taste the incredible Inca Berry... Orange coloured Golden Berries often better known as Inca berries are termed as one of the ultimate superfoods all across the globe. The Inca berry originally belongs to South America but now has been well introduced into various other countries like Australia, China, South Africa, Fiji and Hawaii.
This nutrient dense SuperFruit is a must for your fruit smoothie, breakfast or healthy dessert, not only for its unqiue complimentary to other fruits taste but because of a rich nutrient profile the Inca "Golden" Berry is a source of Calcium, Protein, Iron, Phosphorous, Fatty Acids, Pectin, Melatonin, Polyphenols, Withanolides, Carotenoids with Vitamins A, C, E, B1, B2, B3 and K. They hold all this nutrition but remain very low in sugar content and are considered a great low calorie snack for endurance. The taste of the Inca berry may not be very sweet but in Ancient Purity's opinion a delicious mix of ripe, little sweet and tangy flavours, similar to the gooseberry.
Inca "Golden" Berries
- South America's SuperFruit.
- Delicious, chewey stand alone food or sweet sour ingredient. Perfect for smoothies.
- Longevity Berry.
- Adaptagenic and Protective.
- Over 70% of your daily Vitamin A needs.
- Rich in Bioflavanoids.
- Good source of Secretory igA - Immune Support.
- Bountiful in Pectin.
- 16% Protein - Incredibly High Level for Fruit.
- Cultivated from indigenous areas supporting local farms.
Follow the Incan Trail and eat the Ultimate SuperFruit
Lost Crop of the Incas
The Golden Inca Berries grow wild in mineral-dense soils across the Peruvian Andes. An Ancient food they are one of the lost crops of the Incas, revered in Peru. Incan Berry bushes are one of the first plants to pioneer distrubed areas - like outskirts of towns, fringes of housing developments, road. This shows their robustness, adaptability and adaptogenic ability.
So when you eat Inca Berries they help you adapt to different forms of physical, mental and emotional stress. We are what we eat, Golden Berries are a true superfood, if you are in England, the USA, Germany, France or Antartica they may not be growing locally, but we have the minds and ability to share the worlds most superfruits and we are able to move them around the world. Each nation and culture has incredible foods to share with the rest of the world and one of Peru's finest is the Inca Berry.
It is also worth mentioning that the Inca "Golden" Berry is considered among health enthusiast to be the Goji Berry of South America. The good news is you can buy 2 of the world most powerful berries here from Ancient Purity and mix two incredble healing foods of the world together in one smoothie. Why not give yourself the best of both worlds.
Naturally Delicious, Powerfully Nutritious
What makes up Inca Berries Nutritionally
- Beta-Carotene, this is a source of Vitamin A.
- Plant based Protein.
- Phytosterols, these may act as antioxidants.
- Linoleic acid, which may also as an antioxidant.
- Vitamin K.
- Oleic acid.
- B Vitamins B1, B2, B3.
- Palmitic and stearic acid.
- Tocopherols, which may have antioxidant activity and act as a source of Vitamin E.
- Food state Vitamin C.
- Withanolides, which are a group of naturally occurring steroids that may have anti-inflammatory effects.
Traceable... Wild Harvested, Supporting local farms
Cacao & Inca Berry Chocolate Clusters
Give yourself a Peruvian Trail Superfood Hit in this delicous combination...
Get 250g (8.81 oz.) Cacao Peices or a high qulaity 85% + dark chocolate broken into small pieces. Measure around 1 cup Inca Berries
- Get a baking tray and iine the tray with baking paper.
- Melt the Cacao/Chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Remove from heat and add the Inca Berries.
- When spread out nicely pour the mix out onto baking paper and spread to single layer thickness.
- Place the tray in the fridge to set then break into bite sized clusters.
When finished you will have an incredible, delicious superfood treat. Make sure you have someone to share it with otherwise you'll eat the lot.
Experience the ancient Superfruit of the Inca's - Order Today
- Inca "Golden" Berries - 100% Natural.
- Produced to ecological standards, free from agro-chemicals, non-irradiated and GMO-free.
- Eat and handful daily if desired, can be put on muesli, healthy desserts or added to a smoothie.
- Add to your favourite nut and fruit mixes or in casseroles, stews, curries and soups.
- Brand: Ancient Purity.
- Size: 500g.
- Container: Kraft Paper Pouch.
- Storage: Store in a cool dry place, out of sunlight.
- Estimated shelf life from purchase: 1 - 2 years.
Wu SJ, Ng LT, Huang YM, Lin DL, Wang SS, Huang SN, Lin CC. Antioxidant activities of Physalis peruviana. Biol Pharm Bull. 2005;28(6):963-6.
3) Wu SJ, Tsai JY, Chang SP, Lin DL, Wang SS, Huang SN, Ng LT. Supercritical carbon dioxide extract exhibits enhanced antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activities of Physalis peruviana. J Ethnopharmacol. 2007;20;111(1):110-4.
4) Franco LA, Matiz GE, Calle J, Pinzón R, Ospina LF. Antiinflammatory activity of extracts and fractions obtained from Physalis peruviana L. calyces. Biomedica. 2007;27(1):110-5
7) Australian Government National Health and Medical Research Council Nutrient reference values – fibre paper cited October 2010 www.nrv.gov.au
9) National Heart Foundation Position Statement Dietary fats and dietary sterols for cardiovascular health 2009. cited October 2010
10) National Heart Foundation Position statement on dietary electrolytes and cardiovascular disease 2006 cited October 2010 http://www.heartfoundation.org.au/Professional_Information/Lifestyle_Risk/Nutrition/Pages/default.aspx
11) Australian Government National Health and Medical Research Council Nutrient reference values – phosphorus paper
cited October 2010 www.nrv.gov.au
12) Australian Government National Health and Medical Research Council Nutrient reference values – vitamin C paper
cited October 2010 www.nrv.gov.au
13) USDA Database for the Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC) of selected foods release 2 (2010). Cited
2) Australian Government National Measurement Institute test results of insert date
5) Pardo JM, Fontanilla MR, Ospina LF, Espinosa L. Determining the pharmacological activity of Physalis peruviana fruit juice on rabbit eyes and fibroblast primary cultures. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2008;49(7):3074-9.
6) Personal communication Sydney University Glycemic Index Research Service (SUGIRS) November 2010
8) Slavin JL Position of th
The products and the claims made about specific products, articles and claims made in the articles and information written on or through this site have not been evaluated by Ancient Purity, the MHRA, the FSA or the United States FDA and are not approved to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. The information provided on this site is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging. You should not use the information on this site for diagnosis or treatment of any health problem or for prescription of any medication or other treatment. You should consult with a healthcare professional before starting any diet, exercise or supplementation program, before taking any medication, or if you have or suspect you might have a health problem. Providing a product for sale does not imply Ancient Purity recommendation of that product, its suitability or its efficacy. Ancient Purity cannot give medical opinions. No comment or entry in this site or in any communication from Ancient Purity may be taken as such.
Prices and promotions are subject to change without notice. Customers should always carefully check all the details printed on the package before opening the product. Whilst all efforts are made to ensure accuracy of description, specifications and pricing there may be occasions where errors arise. Should such a situation occur the company cannot accept your order. In the event of a mistake you will be contacted with a full explanation and a corrected offer. The information displayed is considered as an invitation to treat not as a confirmed offer for sale. The contract is confirmed upon supply of goods, Prices and promotions are subject to change without notice.
Please read the Terms and Conditions of using this site, by using the site you are accepting the terms and conditions.
All Material on this site © 2014 Ancient Purity Ltd Registered in England & Wales 07801142 VAT Reg 168 335 488