Butterfly Pea Flower
Butterfly Pea Flower - Powder (Clitoria Ternatea) supernatural beyond its luminous, indigo colour, traditionally used vegetable in cooking, natural colourant to deserts, tea and exotic dishes because of its strikingly vibrant colour. Butterfly Pea offers Peptides, Flavonoids, Antioxidants and has shown considerable promise in natural health.
Lets just go for it and give you all the supernatural wow's of Butterfly Pea (Clitoria Ternatea) remember this is nature at work within a beautiful flower, it has traditional uses and there have been centuries of stories about the powers of this unique flower. But it has been studied for its effects, although as always with small case studied natural substances there has to be a leap of faith as to what could happen with the use of Butterfly Pea Powder, but we can look at whats in it and what those things could be used for.
Butterfly Peas deep indigo flowers contain flavonoids that are found in most fruits and vegetables, flavonoids are powerful antioxidants with anti-inflammatory and immune system boosting properties. The flower contains an antioxidant called Proanthocyanidin, this is increases blood flow to the capillaries of the eyes. Butterfly Pea’s antioxidants are thought to stimulate collagen and elastin synthesis, perhaps dare we say rejuvenate the skin and lessen wrinkles and other signs of ageing! Traditionally Butterfly Pea was also used as an aphrodisiac particularly for women. So a nutririous smoothie with this supernatural powder in could really feed you in every way. Antioxidant, Flavonoids, Anthocyanins and Phenolic compounds in Butterfly Pea Flowers activate antioxidant activity. Is it a Nootropic? well Butterfly Pea has been shown to enhance cognitive function and boost brain function in some small scale studies. Butterfly Pea also has shown to inhibit glucose intake from the diet.
Butterfly Pea Powder
- Cool Blue Supernatural Health.
- Vibrant Colourful Natural.
- Contains rarely found Cyclotides.
- Nootropic Power.
- Hair Beauty.
- Smoothie Powerhouse.
- Female Aphrodisia.
- Peptides, Flavonoids, Antioxidants.
- Calming, Cooling Blue.
- Supportive to Fertility (Spermatogenic).
- Past Master of Traditional Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine.
- Can be added to meals, desserts and drinks alike.
- Lets also remeber that it tastes good.
Butterfly Pea Flowers Give
Butterfly Pea promotes normal urination, which in turn lowers blood pressure Analgesic Clitoria Ternatea has been used traditionally as a local anaesthetic as it has been shown to help relieve pain and swelling. Anxiolyhic Butterfly Pea has a calming effect on the body, reducing stress and anxiety Anti-inflammatory . Anti-Asthmatic It is used in common cold, cough & asthma as it acts as an expectorant and reduces the irritation of respiratory organs. Anti-anxiety and depression Indications are that high doses of Butterfly Pea may be adaptogenic – helping the body deal with stressors.
Ancient Purity love unique and the Butterfly Pea Flower certainly is that and it has elements that are also totally unique. Butterfly Pea is one of the few herbs to contain natural health super element Cyclotides. It has been shown to help reduce the severity and stress on the body from convulsions useful in treating epilepsy. Anti-pyretic Clitoria Ternatea can help reduce fever by dilating the blood vessels right beneath the skin, whereby air can cool the blood easier.
Flower of Health
In animal studies, Clitoria Ternatea has shown promise for its memory enhancing effects, with a wide spectrum of neurological benefits (anti-depression, anxiolytic, anti-pyretic) indicated, but as always more research is needed. In rats, between 50 - 100mg/kg of Clitoria Ternatea water extract was found to increase memory over the course of 30 days. Larger doses of the ethanolic extract (up to 300mg/kg) have also indicated some efficacy, with the extract of the root apparently more potent than the leaves or stem extract.
One in vivo study of Clitoria Ternatea suggested improved cholinergic function after oral administration of Clitoria Ternatea, suggesting the key active compound that enhances the memory is acetylcholine. An additional study also suggested increases in acetylcholine localised to the hippocampus using 100mg/kg of a Butterfly Pea water extract. This study assessed both neonatal and adult rats and found hippocampal acetylcholine increases of 130% and 262% from baseline values, with the highest efficacy in older rats. In electroshock stressed mice (inducing cholinergic amnesia) a higher degree of memory retention was seen with extracts of Clitoria roots.
Ancient Thai Medicine used Butterfly Pea Herb for centuries to treat the loss and premature greying of hair.
It is understood that it may of been used because of the Anthocyanin content, this was thought to increase blood flow in the scalp, sustaining and fortify hair follicles.
Because of its bioflavonoids, Butterfly Pea could potentially be used to promote hair growth and growth rate.
Hair, beauty, blue natural powder, Butterfly Pea could be the living colour in your hair.
The Most Beautiful Smoothies
Use in Food
In Southeast Asia, Butterfly Pea is used as a natural food coloring. In traditional Thai cooking, butterfly pea flowers are squeezed for their blue extract, which is then mixed with coconut milk and other base ingredients to naturally color Thai desserts in blue and purple. ‘Nam dok anchan’ is a syrupy and refreshing indigo-blue drink commonly consumed in Thailand made with butterfly pea flowers, honey and sugar syrup.
In Burmese and Thai cuisines, the flowers are also dipped in batter and fried. Butterfly pea flower tea is made from the ternatea flowers and dried lemongrass and changes color depending on what is added to the liquid, with lemon juice turning it purple. In Malasian cuisine , an aqueous extract is used to colour glutinous rice for ‘kuih ketan’ and in ‘nyonya chang’. In Kelantan, east Malaysia, locals add a few buds of this flower in a pot while cooking white rice to add a bluish tint to the rice known as ‘nasi kerabu’.
Cool, Natural, Delicious and Blue
Experience the Blue Magic of Butterfly Pea Powder - Order Today
- Butterfly Pea Flowers (Dried & Ground) 100% Natural.
- Produced to ecological standards, free from agro-chemicals, non-irradiated and GMO-free.
- Add 1-5g (1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon) to water, juice or smoothie daily.
- Can be added to any meal, dessert or cereals and cooked with and even added to cocktails or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
- Brand: Ancient Purity.
- Size: 320g.
- Container: Kraft Paper Pouch.
- Storage: Keep in a cool dry place, keep out of reach of children.
- Estimated shelf life from purchase: 1-2 years.
- Rai KS, et al. Clitoria ternatea (Linn) root extract treatment during growth spurt period enhances learning and memory in rats. Indian J Physiol Pharmacol. (2001).
- Taranalli AD, Cheeramkuzhy TC. Influence of clitoria ternatea extracts on memory and central cholinergic activity in rats. PharmBiol. (2000).
- Rai KS, et al. Clitoria ternatea root extract enhances acetylcholine content in rat hippocampus. Fitoterapia. (2002).
- Jain NN, et al. Clitoria ternatea and the CNS. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. (2003).
- Adisakwattana S, et al. In vitro inhibitory effects of plant-based foods and their combinations on intestinal glucosidase and pancreatic-amylase. BMC Complement Altern Med. (2012).
- Solanki YB, Jain SM. Antihyperlipidemic activity of Clitoria ternatea and Vigna mungo in rats. Pharm Biol. (2010).
- Evaluation of antipyretic potential of Clitoria ternatea. L. Boominathana, Subhash C.Mandala.
- Taur DJ, Patil RY. Evaluation of antiasthmatic activity of Clitoria ternatea L. roots. J Ethnopharmacol. (2011).
- Taranalli AD, Cheeramkuzhy TC. Influence of clitoria ternatea extracts on memory and central cholinergic activity in rats. Pharm Biol. (2000).
- Piala JJ, Madisso H, Rubin B. Diuretic activity of roots of Clitoria ternatea L. in dogs. Experientia. (1962).
The products and the claims made about specific products, articles and claims made in the articles and information written on or through this site have not been evaluated by Ancient Purity, the MHRA, the FSA or the United States FDA and are not approved to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. The information provided on this site is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging. You should not use the information on this site for diagnosis or treatment of any health problem or for prescription of any medication or other treatment. You should consult with a healthcare professional before starting any diet, exercise or supplementation program, before taking any medication, or if you have or suspect you might have a health problem. Providing a product for sale does not imply Ancient Purity recommendation of that product, its suitability or its efficacy. Ancient Purity cannot give medical opinions. No comment or entry in this site or in any communication from Ancient Purity may be taken as such.
Prices and promotions are subject to change without notice. Customers should always carefully check all the details printed on the package before opening the product. Whilst all efforts are made to ensure accuracy of description, specifications and pricing there may be occasions where errors arise. Should such a situation occur the company cannot accept your order. In the event of a mistake you will be contacted with a full explanation and a corrected offer. The information displayed is considered as an invitation to treat not as a confirmed offer for sale. The contract is confirmed upon supply of goods, Prices and promotions are subject to change without notice.
Please read the Terms and Conditions of using this site, by using the site you are accepting the terms and conditions.
All Material on this site © 2014 Ancient Purity Ltd Registered in England & Wales 07801142 VAT Reg 168 335 488