You have no items in your shopping cart.
Dr Mercola Products UK - Toothpaste
Rich in health-promoting botanicals – Introducing refreshing mint Toothpaste with Tulsi
Dr Mercola has now come up with a toothpaste that was even better than the original—one that would give you refreshingly clean teeth and breath, provide whiteness, and effectively fight and prevent caries (all types of tooth decay) without carrageenan.
Just because many "natural" toothpastes contain carrageenan, SLS, and other potentially harmful ingredients, mine didn’t need to.
Let me assure you, creating it wasn’t a simple task. My team and I spent countless hours researching ingredients to take my original toothpaste to the next level.
We carefully scrutinized the source and quality of every ingredient to meet my exacting standards:
- Must use organic ingredients whenever available
- No fluoride, but would still provide protection against dental caries
- No genetically engineered ingredients
- No carrageenan or other potentially carcinogenic ingredients
- No synthetic preservatives, but would still have a long shelf life
- No hidden heavy metals, contaminants or impurities
- No harsh chemical foaming agents like SLS or SLES
- No artificial flavors or sweeteners, but would taste good
- No harsh sand (silica), but would still provide whiteness
- No potentially dangerous antimicrobials like Triclosan
Sounds like a tall order, doesn’t it? That’s why it took us as long as it did to formulate my Refreshing Mint Toothpaste With Tulsi. I’m proud of our accomplishment.
Accomplishing the Near-Impossible
One look at the ingredients in my Refreshing Mint Toothpaste With Tulsi tells the whole story:
- Calcium Carbonate – Highly purified mild abrasive for cleaning. Extensively tested for heavy metals (especially lead, arsenic and mercury) and metal contaminants like aluminum, copper, and zinc.
- Xylitol – Research shows it prevents dental caries and helps reverse early caries. Derived from non-GMO corn sources, so it’s not genetically modified.
- Organic Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice – Helps clean your teeth and gums while soothing your entire mouth.
- Kosher Vegetable Glycerin – Promotes smoothness and taste. Tested for heavy metals and organic impurities.
- Kosher Sodium Bicarbonate (Baking Soda) – Promotes whiteness and helps freshen breath. Tested for heavy metals and organic volatile impurities.
- Lauryl Glucoside – Helps blend oils and water. Sourced from coconut.
- Organic Tapioca Starch – Used traditionally in the West Indies for oral health.
- Cellulose Gum – Helps make toothpaste thick and creamy.
- Cultured Dextrose – Enhances flavor and mouth-feel. Acts as a preservative. Ours is non-genetically modified and produced by natural fermentation using starter cultures.
- Zinc Oxide – For whiteness. Tested for heavy metals.
- Organic Stevia Leaf Extract – Provides sweetness. Enzyme-treated to reduce unpleasant metallic taste. Tested for heavy metals.
- Glycyrrhizic Acid (Licorice fruit extract) – Promotes oral health and freshens breath. Tested for heavy metals.
- Organic Melaleuca alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil – Promotes clean teeth and gums and helps reduce normal plaque accumulation. Traditionally used topically for skin care.
- Organic Ocimum sanctum (Tulsi Holy Basil) Leaf Oil – For cleansing and keeping breath fresh. Traditionally used as a medicinal in India.
- Natural Cardamom Mint flavor for delicious, fresh taste!
That’s every last ingredient in my Refreshing Mint Toothpaste With Tulsi. There are no hidden surprises or ingredients we’d rather not list.
I know it’s a long list, but I wanted to make sure you had everything you need for complete dental care.
My Secret Ingredient for a Sparkling Smile – and Healthy Gums
Instead of using potentially dangerous ingredients, I turned to botanicals to provide cleaning of teeth and gums and whiteness.
One in particular, Holy Basil, or Tulsi, has held my attention for many years as an outstanding overall tonic for health. I believe it’s one of the finest medicinal herbs ever discovered.
Evidently, people in India agree. As part of an ancient custom, family members worship the plant and illuminate it with lamps twice a day.
To this day, Holy Basil plays an essential role in worship ceremonies. People believe it protects them from evil and brings good luck.
As for oral care, Tulsi is an exceptional mouth freshener and cleanser, and helps support a beneficial balance of healthy mouth flora. It also helps prevent dental caries while it soothes your mouth.
While my Refreshing Mint Toothpaste With Tulsi contains several excellent plant extracts for cleaning teeth and gums, fighting caries, and freshening breath, in my opinion, Tulsi is the crowning glory.
How Dr. Mercola’s Toothpaste Compares to Other‘Natural’ Fluoride-free Toothpastes
Perhaps you’re wondering how my Refreshing Mint Toothpaste With Tulsi compares to other fluoride-free toothpastes. Here’s mine side-to-side three of the top selling "natural" brands. Maybe you are using one of them now?
It’s Time to Take Control of Your Oral Heath
It’s up to you. No one else is going to watch out for your oral health when it comes to toothpaste, perhaps not even your dentist.
Now that you know what’s in your tube of toothpaste, you can decide what’s best for you and your family.
You can choose a toothpaste that contains potentially hazardous ingredients. Or you can choose one that cleans and freshens your teeth, gums, and breath, and prevents dental caries with botanicals and ingredients that meet my strict standards.
I know you and your entire family will enjoy brushing with my Refreshing Mint Toothpaste With Tulsi. And you’ll appreciate knowing you’re making a wise decision to help safeguard your family’s oral health.
Plus, Refreshing Mint Toothpaste With Tulsi comes packed in the perfect size for both everyday use and travel. Our convenient 3-ounce size tube provides about 150 to 200 servings per tube!
- Essential Oil blend - (peppermint, eucalyptus, cardamom, anise).
- Liquorice Root extract.
- Tea tree oil.
- Tulsi oil.
- Organic Aloe Vera juice.
- Sodium bicarbonate (baking soda).
- Natural sodium laurel lactylate (from coconut oil and vegetable lactic acid).
- Organic tapioca starch.
- Carageenan (from red seaweed extract).
- Stevia leaf extract.
- Calcium carbonate.
- Xylitol - From Birch Trees.
- Brush teeth thoroughly after meals or at least twice per day.
- Brand: Mercola
- Form: Toothpaste
- Size: 85g 3 OZ..
- Storage: Keep plastic lid on when not using.
- Estimated shelf life from purchase: 1 - 2 years.
Write Your Own Review
The products and the claims made about specific products, articles and claims made in the articles and information written on or through this site have not been evaluated by Ancient Purity, the MHRA, the FSA or the United States FDA and are not approved to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. The information provided on this site is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging. You should not use the information on this site for diagnosis or treatment of any health problem or for prescription of any medication or other treatment. You should consult with a healthcare professional before starting any diet, exercise or supplementation program, before taking any medication, or if you have or suspect you might have a health problem. Providing a product for sale does not imply Ancient Purity recommendation of that product, its suitability or its efficacy. Ancient Purity cannot give medical opinions. No comment or entry in this site or in any communication from Ancient Purity may be taken as such.
Prices and promotions are subject to change without notice. Customers should always carefully check all the details printed on the package before opening the product. Whilst all efforts are made to ensure accuracy of description, specifications and pricing there may be occasions where errors arise. Should such a situation occur the company cannot accept your order. In the event of a mistake you will be contacted with a full explanation and a corrected offer. The information displayed is considered as an invitation to treat not as a confirmed offer for sale. The contract is confirmed upon supply of goods, Prices and promotions are subject to change without notice.
Please read the Terms and Conditions of using this site, by using the site you are accepting the terms and conditions.
All Material on this site © 2014 Ancient Purity Ltd Registered in England & Wales 07801142 VAT Reg 168 335 488